By TJ-HD Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Unquote is indispensable when you’re writing essays with quotations. It’s still the only way to get an instant word count minus quotations. Now it also gives you even more useful info, without ever leaving your word processor.
Word processors can’t exclude quotations when you want a word count. So when you’ve got to write “x-number of words, excluding quotations”, you have to find all the quotes yourself, and count each and every one. Doing this manually takes ages, and risks human error. With Unquote, it’s instant and accurate.
Even when you don’t need to exclude quotes, Unquote is an invaluable tool for honing your work. See how many words you could cut simply by removing quotes you don’t need - Unquote recalculates your word count without editing the original document.
And with Unquote’s new analysis tools, you can get closer than ever to the perfect essay. Check how much of your work is your own, and how much is quoted from other sources. You can even see how well the quotes are spread out through your essay, and identify areas that lack quoted evidence.
Unquote works with all modern word processors, including ‘Pages’ and ‘Word 2011’, so it’s always ready for you to use when you’re working on your essay. It’s the indispensable essay writing tool for students and teachers alike.
• Instant access to word count minus quotations
• Works with all modern word-processors - Pages, Word 2011, etc.
• Works with all styles of quote marks: “ ” ‘ ’ « »
• See all your quotes in one place
• Get the word count for each individual quote
• View total number of words within quotes
• Test new word counts by deselecting quotes
• View ratio of quotes to own work
• Check distribution of quotes and see quote locations
• Compare individual quote lengths to essay average
Suitable for all users with a Standard or Admin user account.
What's New in Version 2.0
Introducing new analysis tools, with a new graphical interface*.
• See how evenly quotes are spread through your essay
• View graphic showing ratio of quoted words to own work
• New quote info panel* compares individual length to essay average
* Some new interface features require 10.7+