Unravel: Flat-Rolled Steel Calculator
By Majestic Steel USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW: UNRAVEL 2.0 – Instant, on-the-go steel calculations plus exciting new features including:
- Support of both imperial and metric measurements in coil and sheet calculators
- Instant conversion between imperial and metric units
- Addition of metric equivalents and percent difference between the Min, Nom, and Max decimal of a gauge
Unravel complex steel calculations with this essential iPad and iPhone application for flat-rolled steel buyers. Unravel: Flat-Rolled Steel Calculator makes it easy to verify steel coil and sheet specs. Calculate the weight of a steel coil without a scale, convert gauges to decimals instantly, and find the number of sheets in a bundle. Convert easily between imperial and metric units for both coil and sheet measurements. Input the cost per CWT to compare prices. Works with all coated and uncoated steel. Whether galvanized, aluminized, prepainted or cold rolled material, use this app for quick and simple weight, cost and yield calculations.
Use this app to:
- Calculate coil and bundle weight without a scale
- Verify that your purchase is to spec
- Find the area, total length or price per square foot of material
- Convert between gauges and decimals
- Convert between imperial and metric units
There are several critical variables that drive the true cost of flat-rolled steel, including weight, thickness and zinc coating. Use the Unravel Flat-Rolled Steel Calculator to verify that you have the right steel for the job. To learn more about finding the true cost of steel, visit Majestic Steel USA’s website at www.majesticsteel.com.
What's New in Version 3.0
What's new in version 3.0?
- Save calculations for coils and sheets.
- Access a steel glossary of terms.
- NOTE: To unlock these new features, simply provide some info about yourself.
Excellent ease of use
It would be a nice feature to have the coil data pass over to the sheet data, so I wouldn't have to reenter width, gauge, and length to find number of sheets. I'd also like to override material ##/ft from mill certs for a particular purpose, rather than just view the acceptable range. I've been working on this app myself, now I can get on with my list. Thanks,
Better now with the update but it would be better with an Aluminum coil option and slitting calculations. I would also like an area to put DFT for coated product that would increase the OD.
It's great to be able to save and load my calculations. This helps me out a lot.