Unscramble Anagram is a fun new anagram game! Twist, twirl, mix, and unscramble your way through text to find as many words as you can! Exercise your brain and try to beat your own or your friends top scores on the leaderboards. Anagrams are more fun than ever - PLAY NOW!
***SIMPLE, YET ADDICTIVE!***
Look at the letters - spell words. If you get stuck then twist, twirl, and jumble the letters up to open your mind to new word possibilities!
***GREAT FOR KIDS AND ADULTS!***
Unscramble Anagram features 4 different difficulties: easy, normal, hard, and expert. Kids and adults will find the challenge that's right for them.
***TWO GREAT GAME MODES!***
* Classic: This mode starts you with a time of 2 minutes. Find as many words as you can before the timer expires. If you find the longest word you get to move on to the next round.
* Puzzle: This mode is for the perfectionist. You win by finding every single word in the word list.
***TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE!***
Try to earn 3 stars for each game mode and each difficulty. Are you fast and smart enough to win them all?
***EARN GAME CENTER ACHIEVEMENTS!***
***COMPETE ON THE GAME CENTER SOCIAL AND GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS***
Like a little competition? See how you measure up against your friends or the world by competing on the Game Center leaderboards.
***IN-GAME WORD DICTIONARY!***
Increase your vocabulary and knowledge by reading definitions of words you don't know yet, right from inside the game.
***MODERN, SIMPLE DESIGN!***
Our beautifully simple graphic design allows you to focus on what's most important: unscrambling anagrams. Word games have never been this fun!
***BUY THE REMOVE ADS IN-APP PURCHASE OR GET THE PRO VERSION OF THIS APP ON THE STORE TO REMOVE THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING!***
* Bug Fixed: word list dictionary returned to original list
* Bug Fixed: classic mode on expert difficulty will correctly advance the round
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, but a few frustrations
I like unscramble games and the graphics of this one are appealing and calm, but it definitely needs a few fixes. 1) The found words should be in alphabetical order so you can deduce what you still need. This comes in handy because of: 2) When you're stuck, there's no way to end the game and get partial points. There needs to be a way to move on without having gotten all the words, especially when you can't deduce them due to the found ones not being in alphabetical order. 3) I have the free, ad-based version, and every time I find all the words and beat the level, the game freezes after showing me the ad and doesn't take me to the next level. I have to force stop the game and lose my credit for the level I just won. 4) Lastly, when you guess a word and it's not found in the dictionary, the letters should fall back into the exact order they were so you can methodically go through certain first letters without losing your place. I don't know why it has to keep switching their order when you guess a wrong word. Frustrating!
Good but could use some work
*edit* was four stars, now three because when I checked a word I'd never seen before for its definition and the in-game definition couldn't make something up. It was blank. IT WASN'T EVEN A REAL WORD. *original* It'd be nice if the words already found were in alphabetical order so that if you don't know the words from memory, you could figure it out based on what you already guessed. It could also use the option of pausing between rounds, because right now, if you start a game, it could go on for 5 minutes straight. There is a pause button, but it's probably like other games where you have to stay in game or it ends the round. And the "learn more" buttons in help don't work, so if you forgot the rules, you're s.o.l. However, it's still fun.
This game is almost good. Problems that will cause me to delete the app soon:
1) Word found need to be in alpha order so a player can see quickly what they might have missed.
2) There is no way to pause a game in progress, close the app to go do whatever else you need to do, and then return to the game -- you just lose that game and the points accrued to the point that you left the game. It CLAIMS to be "paused". But the only options are to quit the game or proceed. Players should be able to pause and then return to the same game.
3) As others have mentioned, the dictionary is wonky. Some real words are not included. And then there are words allowed like "eds" or "hist". Those are not full words. They are shorthand for other words.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.