Unspent - Track your spending money
By Nick Cochran
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Unspent is a handy little app that lets you create one-off budgets and log spending." - Money.com
"Keeping track of your spending can be a real hassle, so a simple budgeting app is a pretty handy thing to have. ... That's where Unspent comes in, a simple app for iPhone and Apple Watch." - AppAdvice.com
"I didn't want to have to link the app to any financial institution. I wanted a simple way to log-in where the money was spent. And I needed to have multiple 'envelopes.' This app met all my needs." - The Every Day Project
Use Unspent to track your spending money and one-off budgets. Designed to be efficient and simple, for those times when full-featured budgeting software is just too much overhead. No bank connections, no charts, no decimal places. Unspent is for people who want to track spending balances, but don't want to overthink it.
Create simple categories, enter what you want to spend, then record what you spend later. With Unspent, you won't ever forget what you have left to spend.
• Track your gift purchases by person for any occasion.
• Keep up with gift money you (or your kids) receive. Simply enter the gift amount in Unspent and deposit the cash or check in the bank.
• Stick to a budget for occasional spending (e.g. back-to-school shopping).
• Record money you've collected from others for group gifts (e.g. wedding or baby shower).
• Use it like a digital version of cash envelopes for keeping everyday spending under control
• Use Unspent on the Apple Watch to view categories and enter quick transactions!
• See balances quickly using the Today View Widget!
• See a summary of what’s left to spend in the categories you define.
• Quickly add money to spend or record what you’ve spent.
• View a list of all past transactions for any category.
• Optionally require a custom passcode or Touch ID to prevent others from opening the app.
• Clean, easy-to-use interface, including animating balance indicators (just for fun!)
• Support for localized currencies based on your iPhone locale and region settings.
• Quickly share category balances by text/email.
What's New in Version 1.3
Updated for iOS 9 compatibility.
Simple but effective and quick
The app is really convenient for tracking income and expenses for any category you can dream up. One thing I really like, besides the fun animation of the numbers as money is spent or added, is the fact that after the user inputs a transaction in one of the categories, the app kicks you back out to the main view of all of your categories. Everything seems well thought out. Many expense/income apps first have terrible design and second don't understand the user is inputting transactions in on the go. This app succeeds in both categories. It is quick! No bloatware here. Straight and to the point with this app and it is pretty beautiful and utilizes green and red colors without me thinking of Christmas :)
For me, all the app needs is the option for the user to set decimals or not and iCloud backup. I have been in touch with the developer and it sounds like these items could be in the works. He is very responsive and helpful with any questions.
Useless without the ability to add decimals
All I want is a simple app that will allow me to keep track of all the ins and outs of my business account without a bunch of extra bells and whistles. I thought this was the answer, but without the ability to add decimals, what’s the point? The app itself costs $.99 - it’s absurd to act as if financial transactions don’t include cents. I’m actually mad that I paid for this without doing more research on it first. Nice design, but that doesn’t effing matter when the functionality of the thing is garbage. At least give your users the CHOICE to reject the concept of decimals.
Simple, effective, practical
I actually discovered this app on and app that informs you of apps that are newly free and I'm glad I did!
This app is something I use on a daily basis to track the money I spend and how much I earn. I wish it would have decimals but I understand the point of this is simplicity.
I do thank the Devs of this app for their hard work and dedication!