Untappd - Discover Beer
By Untappd LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get ready to drink socially with Untappd!
Untappd is a social discovery and check-in network for anyone that enjoys beer. It gives you the ability to easily find nearby craft beers and bars, see what beers are trending, as well as see where your friends are drinking. Check out the personalized recommendations and use Untappd to find the nearest location you can get the beer you want. Once you’ve got that delicious beer in your hand, use Untappd to track, rate, take a photo, and share it with all your friends. As you explore more beer styles and locations, you will uncover a variety of badges!
- Easily discover new beers and bars near your location
- See where you’re friends are drinking and meet up with them
- Personalized beer recommendations based on the tastes of you and your friends
- Find where you can get a specific beer nearby
- Share ratings, reviews and photos of your favorite beers with your friends
- Post your activity and photos to your Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare
- Create a wish list of beers you want to try in the future
- Unlock a variety of badges for trying different styles and places
For help and support, visit http://help.untappd.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/untappd
Line us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/untappd
Untappd reminds you to please drink responsibly.
What's New in Version 2.2.7
- Brand new Photo Editor with Filters, enhanced Cropping and more! Add more life to your photos!
- Bug fixes to fix Text Areas for being "Tappable"
- Fixes to "Black Bar" on the Side of Uploaded Photos on iOS7
- General Bug Fixes
Very useful app
Untappd is very beneficial ive discovered for keeping track of precious inventory, this specific case being hazelnut brown nectar. I got the six pack for 12 dollars last week and have been rationing them one every two days. This morning i saw there were two left but i remember only drinking three. Ive had the 6th chilling in the fridge all week getting nice and cold for untappd consumption. Low and behold i couldnt find it anywhere in the fridge! I had almost given up hope and thought, "maybe i did drink four and these warm ones are the remaining two." Solution?-untappd. Untappd records indicate i have only had 3 this month. 3 +2=5 where is the 6th hazelnut brown nectar?
Ill tell you where- i found it hidden on top of the bottle recycling bin, purposefully label down so i would pass by the evidence without a second glance everyday thinking i had drank all 6.
Hazelnut brown nectar is so good that it encouraged my roomate to steal it from the fridge and drink it in darkness and shame, and attempt to hide the evidence. But unfortunately, he did not know that i untapp every single beer i drink.
Amazing app!! That is -- only because it is the most popular social-beer-drinking-app in my beer-drinking circle of friends. I can see a LOT of potential with this app being my favorite app as a committed, functional-alcoholic, beer-drinking geek.
Here are potential improvements I thought of that the creators must consider (please):
• Easier/smoother accessibility through the app with updated graphics (think Foursquare, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Ability for friends to suggest beers within friends.
• "Wish-list" capability being able to add what friends have drank or locations they've been.
• Suggestions from app for beers or locations users have checked in to and notifications ability.
• Map, ability to search certain beer availability and locations, set notifications.
• Map, ability to see friends' check-in locations.
• Suggestions from app for lunch/dinner food parings.
• Folder of types of beers user has drank.
• Folder of pictures user has taken, ability to share with friends.
Wanting to add beers w/o checking in
I'm a new user to this app and right away want to log beers that are my favorites to store in my "beer list." Unfortunately you can't just do this without it claiming you are there drinking that beer at this moment. I find this incredibly annoying because I've been drinking these craft beers for 4 years now and just want to get them all on my list. Or what if you want to add a beer the next day after drinking it? If this feature were fixed to not have to "check in" when adding beers, then I'd like this app more. Total bummer. Otherwise it's great for finding "nearby" brews and recommending others to try if you like a certain one.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 2.2.7
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Untappd LLC
- © 2012 Untappd LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.