Also available for the iPhone and iPod Touch, The Unwanted Guest is an adaptation of a traditional Jewish folk tale, where a poor old man, down on his luck and living in a tumbledown house, is visited by an unwelcome house guest. The story tells of the old man’s attempt to rid himself of his surprising visitor once and for all.
The app, the second in Moving Tales’ “Classic World Tales” series, is a state-of-the-art digital ‘mash-up’ of methods from the worlds of ebook publishing, graphic novels, film and interactive media.
“The Unwanted Guest” also features randomly selected alternate views, sound effects and extras, so that no two viewings are alike. It offers sophisticated and dynamic typography, poetic language, and Spanish and French options that allows viewers to listen to and see the story in Spanish, French and English, and even alternate between the three as the story is being experienced.
The Unwanted Guest Features
- sophisticated 3D animation on every page of the book
- original music, voice over and sound effects
- animate the text using the iPad’s accelerometer
- coverflow-like navigation
- page swipe or tap for page turning
- auto page turning option
- sound effects only sound option
- option to record your own voice to be played back with sound effects and music
- compelling narrative
- randomly selected alternate views and extras to ensure no two viewings alike
- randomly selected sound effects
- sophisticated and dynamic typographic layout
- evocative poetic language
- Spanish and French option - choose to hear and display the story in Spanish & French as well as English
Updated for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
Moving Tales produces another great story
As with Pedlar Lady, The Unwanted Guest is a great children's story that is cleverly executed. The story is meaningful with supporting graphics and animation that enhance the story in stead of distracting or taking away from it.
We love being able to listen to the story first in English, then in French and Spanish allow our son to reenforce his foreign language skills.
We are looking forward to more Moving Tales. Great job!
They need to fix the language bug problem
Hey my girlfriend just purchased this book under my recommendation. she bought it because she wanted to show it to her aunt visiting from Mexico but the language switcheroo switch doesn't work in fact it bounces us out of the book all together. it does the same on my iPad too. Well I told her to contact Apple and get a refund. $6.99 is a little too expensive. I'm giving it one star in hopes of catching the developer's attention so he can fix it. Otherwise it really is worth 5 stars.
Very well made
I love this story and the Pedlar lady. They are narrated in multiple language which makes them great for bilingual families.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.