Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UP Coffee is the simplest way to understand how caffeine affects your sleep.
Behind its delightful interface, Jawbone's world-class data scientists crunch numbers so you can learn about your body’s reaction to caffeine effortlessly – without becoming jittery or disrupting your sleep. Pair with the UP app by Jawbone to find out if afternoon pick-me-ups keep you awake at night, by how much, and what you can do to sleep more soundly. Don’t have an UP tracker? No problem. UP Coffee is for everyone.
See how your caffeine levels change throughout the day as you down espressos, energy drinks and even chocolate. UP Coffee knows when you’re WIRED and how long it will take you to become SLEEP READY.
Learn how your body reacts to caffeine through a series of data-based reports. Check in with UP Coffee when you drink, and even when you don’t, for just 7 days to reveal your Caffeine Persona. Keep tracking for 3 more days to reveal the relationships between how much and when you drink with your bedtime, sleep duration and nighttime awakenings. Knowledge is power, so get buzzed.
What's New in Version 1.2
• UP Coffee is now integrated with Apple Health. Caffeine logged in UP Coffee can now be viewed alongside all your other health data.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
**Love UP Coffee? Let others know with a review on the App Store.**
Small Database & Needs 2 Way Sync
The database of drinks and such is very small. For example, it lacks the Starbucks Refresher product that's been on the market for awhile. Secondly, it is not very good at evaluating custom drinks. If you order a dirty chai with a double shot, it should be able to estimate the caffeine of 2 espresso shots and 1 chai tea bag. The other major complaint is lack of two way sync even with the UP app. Add something in UP (or other food tracking apps that sync into UP or via the Health Kit) and it does not pull caffeine consumption info into UP Coffee. Effectively you have to choose between counting calories in UP and counting caffeine in UP Coffee. But since there is 1 way sync, if you track in both you end up doubling your calories counted and time spent.
All said, I know this is experimental and there are flaws. I am happy to help test beta products, but there needs to be effective and timely follow up on issues and change suggestions.
Nice idea but flaky
A useful app but it has a couple bugs in input that really should be fixed:
1) On the input page, you can either add caffeine by clicking the plus at top right or the add more caffeine on any particular date. If you take the latter option, the caffeine will get entered as consumed at 1 p.m. in the Health Store and there’s no way to change it.
2) Whichever way you click to enter caffeine, it brings up a list of options including a shortcut list of eight recent ways you entered caffeine. This shortcut list is limited to eight items, and it is not updated to reflect which are the most recent eight. So for example, if the first time you entered a grande latte, but then afterwards entered eight other types of caffeine consumption such as a brewed coffee, a Coke, an iced coffee or whatever, then once you have entered those eight others, then the grande latte item will get shoved off the shortcut list and you will always have to use the long way of entering it thereafter.
App is broken; please fix
I've used this app before, but deleted it due to needing more space on my device. I know for a fact it worked at lest marginally well then (with a few errors if you needed to change the times on things entered, but that tends to happen) Using it now compared to then, though, the app is just completely broken.
For instance, just today I opened the app to see the flask graphic completely full when all I had yesterday was a decaf coffee and I logged a cup of black tea today. (and that isn't even the worst oddity I've run into while using this app)
I'm afraid that since a lot of the errors (timing getting messed up no matter how much you put it in, graphics never really changing) really haven't been fixed I'll just have to take it as this app has been abandoned and find something else to track my caffeine intake (heck, putting it directly into the stock Health app would have less errors and be easier at this point)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Aliphcom, Inc.
- © 2014 Jawbone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.