By Matthew Roberts
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
UpdateBar - the easiest way to post a status update to all the social networking accounts you have, no matter what platform they're on.
UpdateBar can post to the following social networks:
- Facebook Pages
- Status.net (even your own!)
The number of accounts you have isn't an issue, just one click and all the configured accounts will update at once.
UpdateBar also possesses the following features:
- Link shortening from is.gd and goo.gl, as well as the ability to enter in your own custom URL shortener
- A handy settings drop-down menu to choose which accounts you wish to post to
- A character counter that can be hidden and counts up, so you can keep track of your blog post length
- Simple drop-down from your menu-bar that doesn't take the focus away from what you're doing
Want more info? Send us a tweet - http://twitter.com/updatebar
What's New in Version 1.2.3
- Fixed an issue where Twitter may not authenticate properly
- Fixed an issue where you can't log into/post from Facebook Pages (you may need to delete then re-add your account)
- All connections to Twitter now use SSL
It's a basic app, but needs some updating before I can ever really use it or recommend it. Major complains are that it doesn't start during login and that the quit button is right below the submit button (where the submit button should be, actually). I've lost a few messages because of this poor UI design.
Good, Needs G+
It's decent for text updates and that alone.
* Needs G+ support
* Needs URL support (well defined not just inline)
* Would be great if it had photo support
facebook doesn't work
can't login to facebook - it says 'success' but then just hangs there FOREVER, and the only option is to cancel out. I've completely deleted the app and all preferences and reinsalled, and it still has this problem.