Genius Notepad, Memos and Textpad
By Lau Brothers LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Organize your life with notes + lists + reminders.
**SPECIAL** Install now for 6 free fonts & themes!
⁕ Apple - Best New App
⁕ MacLife - "Stunning. Raises the bar for all others in its class."
⁕ CNET - "I can tell that the developers put extra thought into UpWord Notes."
It's how notes on iOS should work. A unique swipe-gesture manages task lists and adds formatting in a snap. One-tap reminders ensure that you revisit a note later. Folders & favorites keep you organized, while Dropbox syncs notes between devices.
Once you see how productive your everyday notes can be, you'll wonder how you lived without UpWord!
• Swipe List: efficiently create lists, cross off as done, and highlight as important, all with a swipe
• One-Tap Reminders: faster than ever to save a note or task for later, includes repeating reminders
• Repeating reminders*
• Organize with folders & shortcuts*
• Sync notes across devices with Dropbox
• Optimized for iPhone AND iPad (universal)
• Save to Evernote
• Multi-level undo & redo
• Multiple font sizes
• Cloud backup, version control, and retrieve deleted notes via Dropbox sync (all free)
• Opens straight to a new note to capture ideas faster (turn on in "Settings")
• TextExpander support
• Markdown preview mode
• Full-text search (titles & note contents)
• Word count
• Export to pdf, email, text, or even facebook/twitter
• Landscape typing
• Full suite of x-url-callback actions
• Night mode, for typing in the dark
• Link mode makes phone #'s and website url's tappable
• Sort files by chronological or alphabetical order
• Archive keeps your workspace clean without permanently deleting
• TaskPaper features like @done, tab swipes, and .taskpaper extensions
** For the tech-savvy who were wondering, UpWord uses UTF-8 encoded plain-text with Unix style line breaks. Our plain-text files will work with any modern text editor, so there's no format lock-in.
* In-app purchases: Almost all of UpWord is available without charge (free!). The following features are unlocked via IAP: bonus themes/fonts/sounds, repeating reminders, shortcuts, syncing shortcuts & reminders, passcode lock
What's New in Version 2.9.1
• New featured PC text editor! Try out EditPad Light
• Improved iconography
• Passcode functionality easier to use
• Bug fixes and speed improvements
Your feedback is very important to us, and we respond to every message you send. If you appreciate our work please consider a 5-star review.
Happy organizing =)
Chris & Daniel Lau
Great App but was disappointed
This app is really a good app and I like the features, I have tried many similar apps and this one is a favorite. When I first installed it I noticed it has a premium upgrade for $3.99 which I did not do since I always like to try the app first. After only five days my trial subscription ended. I thought that was rather unusual since I don't remember reading about a five day trial, maybe I missed it. What really disappointed me is the change in the premium upgrade went from $3.99 to $7.99, sell for less before the trial and then almost double the price after the five day. I don't rent getting any notice of an increase in price. What's really disappointing is I was going to upgrade but now I feel it was misleading so will keep looking. Too bad since I like the app. Would have gotten 5 stars!
This is the reminder app that the iPhone should have
I absolutely love this app. It does and has everything I would want a note taker or a writing app to have. I can:
1. change the font,
2. add a variety of different bullets,
3. bold the font,
4. change the 'to do' to red to indicate it’s a priority item and then cross it off when completed.
To delete an items that’s been crossed off as completed, you just pull the screen down or click delete.
In additional they have an experimental section for things they are trying out. You can check out the possible new features and tell them what you think about adding it to the next version. Have you ever had to space over to indent a paragraph, not with this app. It’s part of the experimental group and I hope becomes a permanent feature.
You can add an alarm, count the number of words and too many other things to mention. Best of all, it’s functional just as is. And if you want to update, the price isn’t too much. Try it out, I don’t think you’ll be sorry.
Fantastic for notes, good for tasks
My go-to notes app. Being able to set alarms on notes still has this out in front of the built-in notes app.
Fast notes, Dropbox sync, and great extras like two-finger swipe to insert tab, search across notes (title and text), in-text search (highlights terms), swipes for formatting/completing list items (@done is great!), and drag-and-drop text for reordering tasks. Just about the perfect notes app for me; has long since replaced built-in Notes.
Be sure to check out the experimental features in advanced settings – reverse swipe is here! (Ability to reverse swipe directions so swiping to complete matches typical iOS delete swipe direction – R to L.)
Would love to see more new features like collapsible text (a la Listacular or Cotton Notes), skipping to a certain heading in the text (a la TaskPaper), and "find next" when searching in text (although the highlighting is great, I like being able to jump to the next result). Excellent app...keep up the great work!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 26, 2015
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Lau Brothers LLC
- © 2015 Lau Brothers LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Go Premium$4.99
- Loyalty Reward 8Free
- Loyalty Reward 9Free
- Loyalty Reward 7Free
- Loyalty Reward 4Free
- Loyalty Reward 6Free
- Loyalty Reward 10Free
- Loyalty Reward 2Free
- Loyalty Reward 1Free
- Loyalty Reward 3Free