Urbanspoon (by Zomato) for iPhone is the #1 FREE app dedicated to helping you find the best food and dining experiences at over a million restaurants.
Featured in the New York Times, PC Magazine, Mashable, and the Sydney Morning Herald.
Urbanspoon is used by millions of App Store users every week to find nearby restaurants with honest restaurant ratings and reviews by consumers and food critics. Whether you’re craving the top-rated cheap eats in your neighborhood or you’re trying to discover a great meal while you travel, Urbanspoon is the best app to help “eat like a local” and find food fast!
• Top rated app with over 20 million total mobile installs
• Discover Restaurants - compare food choices by rating, distance, and cuisine
• Sort and map by popularity or distance within our restaurant directory
• Quickly find restaurant info such as phone numbers, addresses and driving directions, hours of operation, or find and book a table
• Browse menus and photos of menu items and restaurant locations
• Make reservations at any OpenTable (US & Canada), or Dimmi (Australia), or Bookatable (UK) restaurant
• Browse Online Restaurant Guides by critics, foodies, and people like you
• Easily change your location to research where to eat while you travel
Available in the US, Canada, and most major cities in Britain and Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ at https://www.urbanspoon.com/faq
Learn more about Zomato at https://www.zomato.com
Thank you for using Urbanspoon!
We regularly update the app to improve your experience in finding the best places to eat.
Ratings and Reviews
New is not better
I am an original Urban Spoon user and loved that app. Each upgrade of Zomato has been more disappointing than the last. The emphasis seems to have shifted from finding restaurants to creating social media trends. The location feature is a mess; it pulls from neighboring towns but not a place down the street. If you mistype anything in the name you get zero matches, it has no logic to find a close match. I have grumbled every time I’ve visited a new city and ended up using Apple maps to find local places. Today I’m deleting the app. It just doesn’t work well enough to be useful. Please bring back Urban Spoon.
UrbanSpoon = Porsche ... Zomato = Yugo
I'm all about change... as long as it is for the better. I LOVED UrbanSpoon, especially while traveling on business! Zomato App is like a Commodore64 to UrbanSpoon App is to a MacBook Pro! (That reference will be lost on Millennials).
In short- I'm searching for a better alternative now that I've been pushed towards Yelp... and I haven't really been a fan of theirs. 😕
Urbanspoon was WAY better
Zomato is glitchy when it comes to detecting locations and its interface is not nearly as user friendly as Urbanspoon. I also feel like I am not able to view as many details about a the restaurants as I could when it was Urbanspoon. Overall, I feel like I gained nothing from them switching to Zomato
- Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- 49.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Urbanspoon
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.