Urticaria is one of the most common diseases of the skin. It is also known under the name of hives or nettle rash. Approximately one in four people gets urticaria in the course of her or his life. Urticaria is characterized by the sudden onset of itchy wheals and/or angioedema. The skin of the entire body or only a portion may be affected. In their appearance, these bumps resemble the skin swelling induced by the stinging hairs of nettle (Lat. Urtica dioica).
The most important step is to identify the triggers and determine the individual threshold. Then, the trigger must be avoided to the extent this is possible. Do continue your diary to document the course of the disease accurately. Fewer attacks or a decrease in the severity of attacks is already a success.
Information about urtikaria
Test: Do I have urticaria?
Urtikaria control test
7-day Urticaria Aktivity-Score
Updates for new iPhone models and iOS 10
- GAAPP - Global Allergy and Asthma Patient Platform
- 3.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © GAAPP - Global Allergy and Asthma Patient Platform
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.