USA TODAY® Crosswords
By Andrews McMeel Universal, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Two for one value: The crossword puzzle from America's #1 newspaper PLUS fast play Quick Cross. Play on the run, in the air, or just killing time. The intuitive and easy-to-use interface makes solving your favorite puzzles easier than ever before!
Daily Crossword is the same 15x15 puzzle featured in USA TODAY®, America's #1 newspaper. New puzzles automatically download daily or search archives and download from hundreds of puzzles.
Quick Cross is a fast action 8-clue crossword puzzle in a 4x4 grid that plays ACROSS and DOWN at the same time. Every answer is a four-letter word, acronym, name, prefix or abbreviation.
Puzzles get more challenging as the week progresses. Track your scores, beat your best times, and engage your word power.
* Solve the same puzzles that appear in USA TODAY®
* Intuitive and easy-to-use interface
* Tilt Daily Crossword screen sideways to display clues in the right or left margin
* Track your progress with organized list views that organize puzzles by date or when you last played them
* Track your Quick Cross scores and keep track of the number of moves it takes to complete the puzzle
* Solve Quick Cross puzzles in less than 90 seconds, ideal for quick bursts of fun
* Sort, read and solve puzzle clues while keeping your eyes on the grid
* Access to networked calendar archives with hundreds of puzzles save and play puzzles offline
* Beautiful, uncluttered layout with letter and full word hints as well as word and puzzle solver features
What's New in Version 1.6
Fixes a problem where the keyboard doesn't work correctly when playing the puzzle in landscape mode.
Hasn't had an update in four years
Great app when I purchased it six years ago (if I remember correctly). User friendly navigation, and two new puzzles every day. That's why I paid for this app ($10, I think) over choosing from the countless free options. I didn't even mind that the graphics and screen size wasn't optimized when the larger iPhone 5 was released, because it still worked.
However, with no updates with the recent iOS upgrades, the app is now extremely "buggy". Freezes at the end of a puzzle, and freezes when you try to use a help function.
USA Today, I'm disappointed. Please keep this app current!! Fix this and I'll happily edit/improve my rating/review.
DON'T BUT until UPDATE!!!
UPDATE: SINCE iOS 8, the app does not work. It freezes up, many functions don't work, and it doesn't tell you when you have solved the puzzle. As you can see from the review below, I really like the app a lot, but only if it is working. And right now it is not.
I've been using this app for over 6 years now. I've used it on a 3G, 4, and now the 5S. The app has worked great! Overall this is probably the best value I have received from any app.
I've been using this app for almost three years and I do the puzzle nearly every day. Overall, the interface is great and the puzzles are fun. And the best part is that they don't require you to pay a subscription like many other crossword apps.
This app is a great way to get your daily crossword fix without having to pay ongoing subscription rates. From my experience with the app, I would highly recommend this app to anyone who enjoys crossword puzzles!!!
OS 8.0 causing problems
I LOVE this crossword game!!! I've been playing religiously for a couple years. But I JUST upgraded my phone to OS 8.0 and now it has several bugs. The game freezes up when you tap the "tap for errors" button in the "Info" tab. It also freezes at the very end of the game when you complete a puzzle.
PLEASE fix these bugs so I can continue enjoying your puzzles!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 13, 2010
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ANDREWS MCMEEL UNIVERSAL, INC.
- © 2008 UCLICK LLC & USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.