USA TODAY for iPad
By USA TODAY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
USA TODAY for iPad and iPad mini
Join the conversation and get the latest news you need 24/7 from USA TODAY on your iPad. The app is wonderfully simple and easy to use. Plus, it delivers even more news content than ever before. It’s more advanced, more fun and there’s much more to explore.
Here’s what’s new in USA TODAY for iPad v3.0:
Deeper, richer and more visual storytelling as well as some great new features…
- Choose your news headlines view: scan the headlines with “List” or lean back and enjoy the image-rich “Grid”
- Save your stories: Not enough time to finish reading an article? Do you have to power down your iPad on the plane? No problem, just save the article and read it later!
- Media index: Do you want to interact with the news? Now you can access a vast selection of USA TODAY photo galleries and videos. Our news is now more informative and comprehensive
You can own your news experience…
How do you read the news? The new app lets you choose your news view: “list” or “grid”. The “list” view will give you a quick scan of the news in the morning when you’re on the go, and the “grid” view offers a visual look into the day’s stories when you have more time to kick up your feet.
Looking for quick access to the sports scores, Snapshots and more? Your favorite USA TODAY features are always close at hand - you can access them via a new sliding panel on the left side of the screen. Customize the panel to fit your interests, and hide it when you’re scanning the headlines.
How about the weather? Well, it’s still cool! USA TODAY has re-imagined its weather coverage with:
- A large, resizable weather map featuring radar and satellite animation
- 10 day forecast
- Hourly forecast
- Weather alert support
Since its launch, USA TODAY for iPad has become one of the most downloaded apps. Users love its simplicity, clarity, 24/7 news updates and the ability to quickly scan the news to get ready for the day.
Our users are our priority, and we greatly value your feedback. We take every review and suggestion into consideration when designing our iPad app. If you don’t see a feature that you have been asking for, please be patient, it’s on the way!
BOLD. COLORFUL. DYNAMIC. IMPACTFUL. USEFUL.
Enjoy the USA TODAY app for iPad!
Works best with iOS 6 & iOS 7
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
You can now customize your notifications
- Get Breaking News alerts and alerts from USA TODAY sections including News, Sports, Life, Money, or Tech. Choose up to six categories and know more about everything as it happens.
- Set times when an alert won’t initiate a light, sound, or vibration on your device.
- Skippable pre-roll ads
- Continuous play and an end-card containing related video options
- USA TODAY's all new interactive feature that lets you enjoy over 20,000 movie trailers, play movie trivia, purchase movie tickets and much more
USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list
- Features the top 150 books each week. Read excerpts, discover what readers and critics have to say, easily purchase your next reads for delivery at home or to your iPad
Improved Refresh Logic
- Headlines now refresh automatically when you return to the app
I do not like the new format at all. It takes more steps to get to what info I want, but more importantly, the site constantly crashes or reverts back to previous sections, i.e. when trying to change from say Sports to Money, it reverts back to my ap title page and I have to go through the process again. Also, there is a Schwab ad which pops up while changing articles and won't move unless I go back to the "USA Today" title page - very annoying and time consuming.
Also, I have been a frequent user of the Daily Crossword. Unfortunately, when you changed the format, now certain steps don't work. When trying to view the entire crossword puzzle after having entered a letter, the screen frequently reverts to a partial puzzle presentation. Numerous selections of other clues, followed by the full screen selection are necessary to get the full screen back.
Unless these issues can be fixed, I may have to investigate moving to another source for my news info.
Could be great....
Lots of interesting videos and stories...but they do two things that keep me from enjoying this app. One is just greedy. Do they really have to show an ad before EVERY video? How about the first one and then every third video afterwards? Or how about setting it so you have to watch it once in its entirety and then you can skip all subsequent ads? Or at least change the products. I watched three videos and had to sit through three ads for the new Jeep. Secondly, and this is just plain idiotically annoying - When I click on the news alert, you would think the app would pull up and display the story. But, no! I have as yet never been able to do that. In fact, I am often unable to find the story anywhere on their site. I think I will remove this app. Just tired of getting a tease with nothing to satisfy the curiosity they generate with their news alerts.
OK but too light to be useful
This app isn't bad but the coverage is weak, indifferent even. Tech section is very poor and it completely lacks any science coverage. It is useful for a quick look around at the days news, just don't bother opening any article with videos, first, their overly long and even then I've timed a couple that indicate x number of seconds remaining only to font the clock runs slow. The result is that I no longer tap any article with a video and if I accidentally do I click awY as soon as one of those interminable ads starts running.
This is. Pretty dumb on USAs part since I now don't see either the ad or the article, good way to get their app quickly deleted by users.