By USA TODAY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From Pulitzer Prize winning storytelling, photography, videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we’re now able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. Browse headlines and read about breaking news happening nationally and locally including News, Sports, Entertainment, Technology, Travel, Money, and Weather with a swipe. The new app design has also been streamlined to give you a deeper, richer, more visually-stimulating storytelling experience so you can get in, get out, and get on with your day.
• USA TODAY NETWORK: National and state-by-state stories keep you connected, covering the issues that matter most to you 24/7. Elect to add up to five of our local properties to get your community news added to your feed.
• BREAKING NEWS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech.
• PHOTOS AND VIDEOS: Experience headlines through captivating videos and photos. Amazing galleries cover everything from news to entertainment, sports and tech, to weather and money.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Be in the center of where the news happens with 360-degree video and virtual reality content.
• SCORES: Join the most active and engaged community of sports fans in America. Stay up to speed on your favorite players and teams with scores, schedules, and in-depth stories. View all the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and more.
• ENTERTAINMENT: See the stars and get inside access. Go behind the scenes and know what’s in and what’s out with celebrities, fashion, music, movies, TV, awards shows, books, and more.
• STOCKS: Get a clear picture of the financial world, from stocks and IPOs to taxes and takeovers. Get personal finance tips and advice to improve your portfolio.
• PUZZLES: Enjoy USA TODAY created daily crossword and sudoku puzzles. (iPad only)
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WEATHER: Live weather, hourly to 10-day forecasts. Customize location settings and always be prepared with daily forecasts from your hometown or any major city in the nation and around the world.
Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• APPLE WATCH: Receive news alerts for stories as they happen and save to read later.
• 3D TOUCH: Use 3D touch on our app icon from the homescreen for a quick shortcut to weather and your saved stories!
• iPAD PRO: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: email@example.com or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
• NIGHT MODE: You asked and we listened! Enable this feature in Settings to view the app using switch/view my app with a black background and white text.
• OFFLINE READING: Bug fix where "loading error" would appear in airplane mode.
• WEATHER: Get instant weather information for your location by tapping on the new geo-locator icon on the Weather module and in the Weather search screen.
• 3D TOUCH: Use 3D touch on our app icon from the homescreen for a quick shortcut to weather, your saved stories, and the latest coverage on Elections and Olympics! (iPhone 6s and above)
Note: This app supports devices on iOS 9 and above. Apps running on iOS 8 and below will still operate but will not receive App Store updates. In order to receive this and all future updates, update your device to iOS 9.
The Liberal Guard
I use to enjoy this paper, until I realized how instead of being a newspaper and doing its constitutional duty of watching all politicians. It's nothing more than a Liberal Guard. Give us the facts and stories about everyone, not just the ones you want us to vote against. We've stopped hearing about the atrocities being committed by ISIS, to protect the narrative that Obama and Clinton are lying about.("JV team", "they're on the run") Nothing to see here folks. Where is the truth about the fact that democrats have ruined the inner cities (can't blame that on republicans) and continue to use the minority as sheep for votes? The list goes on. The 1st amendment was put in place to protect the press from retribution so that We The People could have an unbiased look at government. Not to protect the favorites of the newspaper and to hide reality from us. If bull cr@p was food, you guys could end world hunger! How about the facts about everyone, be journalists not cheerleaders!
I use the USA Todat app everyday!
Although I prefer the older version, I use this app everyday. I read the latest news and I
check the weather. At the moment, I'm in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at the Olympics as a spectator. I switched the weather city on this app from my hometown in Maryland to Rio about a month before I came so I could monitor the weather in Rio & make a decision about what clothes to pack. So much news about Zika and mosquitoes but the weather in Rio had changed to much cooler (their rainy season), so less of a Zika/mosquito threat in Brazil. I did change my clothes from shorts & tank tops to jeans, t-shirts, & several jackets. It was the right call; gets as low as the 60s at night. AND ya can't beat free!
Great news feeds and stories
I've always considered myself one who would be eternally devoted to the written news in hardcopy. I still praise and admire journalists who investigate, vet, and research their news thoroughly. But after using USA Today online now for over a year, I have to admit that I look for the news there daily, and rely on the credibility of what I'm reading. Great job and presentation.
The only criticism I have is the plethora of ads that seem to pop up slightly delayed as you try to scroll in an article, resulting in you tapping the ad and being redirected to the site. This is an annoyance. Still, I'm becoming dependent on getting news here throughout the day.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 15, 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: USA TODAY
- © 2016 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes