USA TODAY for iPhone
By USA TODAY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of the 2014 Webby for Best News App (Tablet & All Other Devices)
All the USA TODAY content you love in a sleek new design, updated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your iPhone and iPod Touch.
Did you know you can:
- Manage your Breaking News alerts by section (News, Sports, Life, Money, or Tech) in your iPhone/iPod Touch’s Settings > Notifications menu
- Add Weather locations by tapping the ‘Info’ button
- Change your background color and font size in Settings > Article Display Options
- Download stories for Offline Reading in Settings > Offline Mode
- If you are running an older iOS, we offer the last compatible version of the USA TODAY app in App Store App Store (iOS5 and lower)
This app features:
- Simple, unified drop-down navigation. Easily move between articles in a section with a swipe gesture.
Headlines and Breaking News
- Browse and read stories from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel. Watch related videos, enlarge images and share stories via Facebook, Twitter, email or text message. Get notified of breaking news via a breaking news banner in News and by subscribing to push notifications.
- Review the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, college football and college basketball. Filter college scores down to your favorite conferences.
- Flip through the day’s best photos from news, sports and celebrities. Check out the latest editorial cartoons from around the country. Share your favorite photo galleries with friends.
- Get live weather conditions and the five-day forecast for your favorite locations. Pinch and zoom your interactive weather radar map (radar for U.S. locations only).
- Scan through USA TODAY Snapshots, vote on the related poll questions and review responses from other users by filtering the results down to your current state and city (U.S. cities only).
- Upload your videos and photos inside the USA TODAY app and share them instantly with the nation. Also, check out the Featured section in Your Take and see a stream of videos and photos from contributors across the USA.
Please contact us anytime with feedback or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/iphone.
What's New in Version 2.5.6
Was my Fav News app, now middle of the road
USA today used to be my favorite new app. Not too big or clunky (yes I'm talking to you WSJ) and agile enough to bounce around quickly. Now there are quite few articles that take you from the app to websites that don't function well or just don't work. It's kinda frustrating. There has also been and increase in ads, I am not opposed to adds but at times you can't navigate the page without unintentionally clicking an add. Give an option to pay for a non add app ( .99 or 1.99 per month )
I still use this app a lot, but it's not my favorite anymore. I use CNN and even the bloated / clunky WSJ more.
Can't start my day without USA Today
While not perfect (the 3rd party content load times are erratic and can take forever), I literally start every morning with the Wall Street Journal (hard copy) in my hand and the USA Today app open on my iPhone. The articles are quick to read, extremely varied, and provide the no-nonsense approach to daily news stories that you need to get you ready for your day. I religiously hit all the major sections (except Travel) and almost always find something worth perusing and worth a Tweet or two. It's hard to imagine anyone not enjoying the USA Today app.
Sends push notifications (news) that aren't ready to open for several minutes
It's USA today... Of course it is going to offer real time news. My biggest problem is I will get a push notification with a great article I want to read, and that article is not available. This hasn't happened once, or twice, but probably 100 times over the last 6 months. I've finally decided to review it. Just wait to send me the notification then. It's so stupid to say, "hey, check out this amazing article", then when you try to open it, it isn't available for 10 minutes. I'm just about over this app. Side note, so many ppc (pay per click) ads lately.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 2.5.6
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: USA TODAY
- © 2015 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.