By USA TODAY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From Pulitzer Prize winning storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, USA TODAY is able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local, most popular and recommended stories.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• PUZZLES: Enjoy USA TODAY created daily crossword and Sudoku puzzles. (iPad only)
• STOCKS: Get a clear picture of the financial world, from stocks and IPOs to taxes and takeovers. Get personal finance tips and advice to improve your portfolio.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• APPLE WATCH: Link the app to your Apple Watch to receive alerts to the stories you want to know as they happen.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
• 3D TOUCH: Use 3D touch on our app icon from the homescreen for a quick shortcut to weather and your saved stories.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: email@example.com or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
What's New in Version 4.12
• Performance and stability improvements.
This is the best newspaper app out there. It could only be better if your phone had the feel and sound of the real paper turning when you read another story. It's the true feeling of holding a paper that is missed or the memory as a child going up to my grandfather as he read the paper and pushing it down as he read it to make him lose his place. There are those memories that will never happen again and to appreciate those moments in life are forever gone.
The app is well delivered , easy to read and the ad placements are well designed as to not really be bothersome to first time readers. I was staying at a Hilton and asked for my copy of the paper and she referred me to the digital copy.
I was surprised as the only time I read the "paper copy" is when traveling. I'm about to go on my first cruise and I'm sure I won't be seeing a morning paper as I watch the sun rise from my balcony. Thank you USA Today for the great years of reporting, printing and now " apping " the news! Great Job!
You have to stop with the video ads
USA Today is a very good app. Not perfect, but thoughtful and generally well done.
However, these new video ads that appear in the slideshows have got to go. I could deal with the forced video starting ONCE. But the app insists on repeating the same process every time the ad slide comes by, which is about every 3 or 4 slides. You can stop playback and return to a now-static version of the ad slide, but patience wears thin after doing this a couple of times. Even more annoying is the delay that occurs between swiping past the next ad slide and then having you viewing interrupted several seconds later when the video takes over and starts playing. This is not due to a lag on this end (using fast wifi and iPhone 7+).
Please get a little more reasonable with this approach. It only makes me dread returning to the app, and I think I like Starbucks a little less for getting in my face 8 times in 90 seconds...
USA Today is ggrrreeeaattt !!!
Unlike 95% of other news sites, USA Today does not ask for money to keep on reading, including its supposedly premium content. So that's the number one reason I stay on this site. USA Today also publishes a local edition in Hawaii, which is done in conjunction with The Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Everyone is in it to make a buck, however the uniqueness of both USA Today and The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is that they both strive to follow the mantra of the grand daddy of them all, The New York Times, in that they all follow to report "All The News That's Fit to Print". I hope you enjoyed my review. Alpha for now. 😂😂 I tried not to make a typo and one slipped in. I meant to say Aloha for now. u see the p and the o are next to each other.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 20, 2017
- Version: 4.12
- Size: 90.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: USA TODAY
- © 2016 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes