Use Your Handwriting
By Gee Whiz Stuff
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Your Handwriting® (UYH®) lets you finger write quick notes, lists and messages on your iPhone or iPad and view them on your Apple Watch. Its unique handwriting engine simulates the physics of a fountain pen to produce smooth and fulfilling drawing strokes. Your handwriting will flow beautifully and come out looking elegant with natural variations in darkness and thickness.
The beauty of UYH is accompanied by a powerful set of features: multi-level lists, quick alarms, sync across devices, visualize notes online, calendar and hands-on tutorial for every feature. Use it to take notes, for brainstorming, to outline your ideas, as a whiteboard, as a calendar for task management, or as a replacement for sticky notes.
NEW! Shop with UYH on your Apple Watch. Simply "pinch out" your shopping list to make it appear on your Apple Watch.
BEAUTIFUL CALLIGRAPHIC WRITING STYLES
No matter what your 4th grade teacher told you, you have beautiful handwriting. What you couldn’t do with a pen, you can do with UYH. Choose between five different writing styles and your calligraphy will be amazing everyone in no time.
LEAN AND MEAN CALENDAR
Plan your weekly schedule in UYH by annotating days with your handwritten notes. It's quick but also powerful. Use it to jot down a quick todo and see it in Notification Center, or to take down elaborate categorized logs. Calendar notes scheduled for today appear in the UYH app on your Apple Watch!
QUICK HANDWRITTEN ALARMS
Need a reminder? Scribble a note, press and hold it and pick a time. You will be alerted in time even if the app is not active, or your device is asleep. The alert will even show on your Apple Watch!
TAKE NOTES OF ANY LENGTH
With UYH, there’s no limit to expressing yourself. Your long notes are automatically broken into multiple lines at word boundaries.
EMAIL/FACEBOOK/TWITTER YOUR ARTISTIC NOTES
Why? Because handwritten messages to friends mean so much more! Create your own colorful greetings for any occasion and email them to that special someone, or cut and paste them in other apps, such as MMS.
CREATE POWERFUL LIST HIERARCHIES
Want to drill down into something? In UYH, any item in a list can become its own sublist, so there’s no limit to how many lists and notes you can make.
HARNESS THE CLOUD - SYNC AND MORE
[In-app purchase required]
You can sync notes across any number of devices via www.myuyh.com. You can even publish your notes as web pages and view them online. The website lets you view your notes in several formats suitable for brainstorming and mind mapping.
* Hassle-free writing - To add a new item, simply press '+', start writing, and hit 'Done' - it's as simple as that.
* Tutorials that teach you how to use the features of UYH by actually using them
* See high priority todo items blink, like Neon Lights
* Dim low-priority todo items
* Toggle easily between lists with 2-finger swipes
* Customize the title of each list with a name or a doodle
* Icon badge to show the number of current items
What's New in Version 9.1
* Fixed crash on iOS 7
* Apple Watch support
- Run through handwritten shopping lists on your Apple Watch
- "Pinch out" to see it on our Apple Watch
- Scribble quick handwritten alarms and see them appear on your Apple Watch when the time comes
- See Calendar notes scheduled for today on your Apple Watch
* Major bug fix for iPad Air 2. Brush strokes are no longer smudged.
I have used this app since 2009. Very reliable and useful. Maybe the UI is a bit dated but it's still pretty. I use it as my daily to do list, for brainstorming and to outline presentations and writing.
Love the calendar!
Love this app
Use it all day, every day!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 25, 2015
- Version: 9.1
- Size: 30.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Gee Whiz Stuff LLC
- © 2009-2015 Gee Whiz Stuff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Best of Use Your Handwriting$9.99