By Foteini Valeonti
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
USEUM's cutting-edge app for the iPhone is featuring:
• USEUM Lens: Hang artworks on your wall with Augmented Reality •
Using Augmented Reality technology you can place and capture snapshots of inspiring artworks on your wall, from the stunning exhibition of the World's Museum of Art, which features today thousands of artworks by 80 countries world-wide.
• Send Art e-Cards without Signing up •
Browse our trending exhibition or search for a particular theme, artist or artwork, and then just pick the artwork you want! Clicking on the e-Card automatically the e-mail composer pops up with the e-card ready to go! Fill in the recipient's address from your own address book and then the message you want to appear next to the artwork and your e-card is ready to go! (Requires to have your e-mail setup first)
• About USEUM •
USEUM (useum.org) having an immense exhibition of artworks ranging from Monet and Rembrandt to contemporary artists of today with tens of thousands of followers is the go-to art website for art lovers, artists, art institution representatives and inspiration seekers!
• Credits •
USEUM was initiated and is supported by UCL CASA Lab, UCL Digital Humanities and UCL Advances.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Faster loading of paintings and smoother scrolling
- Introduction of the "HD View" button to switch between retina-quality images and faster loading of paintings
- Translucent navigation bar
- Interface improvements for the iPhone 6