Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
-Maintenance and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well, but...
I’ve used this app over many years and it has come a long way. It’s very convenient now and I can paste in my tracking numbers effortlessly. But the problem is, when there are too many tracking numbers, newly added ones won’t appear until one manually deletes some old and expired ones near the bottom. It would really help if there was an Edit -> Select -> Delete function where one can delete multiple old tracking numbers at the same time. As of now, one has to tap on each old tracking number’s “x” which works but it reloads the entire page every time and one has to scroll down from the top all the way again to delete the next tracking number, and so on. I get that there are better apps for tracking but I like using this app and I just wish there was a way to get rid of old tracking numbers in a more efficient manner to be able to add new tracking numbers. I’d even be ok with having the oldest number auto-deleted once a new number is added. But this is really annoying as it currently works. Fix, please?! Thanks!
Needs major improvement
I’ve been using this app for years and it has its flaws, regardless of my having the latest version.
It can’t seem to handle tracking more than one package at a time, while older versions of the app could. Even when I type in a new tracking number, it will still only bring up the previous package.
It often has incorrect information. For example, I was tracking a package that said it would be delivered on a Saturday by 8:00pm. I received an alert that it was going to be delayed; no reason was given, nor was an estimated date/time. I continued to get this error for 5 days. I knew from past experience that you need to wait a full week before you can file a complaint. Finally, late on the 5th day, I got a msg saying the package HAD been delivered on the original day at 2:15pm. Why the app wasn’t updated in a timely manner I’m not sure.
That’s the government for you!
Tracking a package is awful.
USPS could definitely learn a thing or 12 from UPS about tracking a package. You don’t get regular updates and the updates you do get are usually delayed by an hour to several hours. It’s made even worse when a package is handed off from UPS. UPS does great to track a package, but if it’s been handed off to USPS, it’s anybody’s guess as to where the package actually is and where it has been. Today, my package was delivered around 1 PM. I didn’t get a notification of delivery until 8:30 PM. Currently, I’m waiting on a package which was taken to the post office and was checked in three days ago. It has been in Virginia since then and the app tells me it will be delivered tomorrow. I am in the middle of the US. I don’t know how they’re going to have it delivered tomorrow if it is still in Virginia. Or is it…? For a company which delivers mail to almost every single house in America, every day, they sure have no clue how to keep track of a package.
- United States Postal Service
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.