By United States Postal Service
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
What's New in Version 5.12
- Bug Fixes
7/6/17. I updated the app and now the SCANNER DOESNT WORK! I sent this recco 6-7 months ago. Thought it would be fixed by now. Also some of my completed deliveries have the tracking info dropped off. ??? Still no numeric keypad to manually enter long tracking numbers. How long should it take to fix that?
BY now I thought you would have added a large numeric keyboard IF YOU HAVE TO ENTER THE TRACKING NUMBER MANUALLY!!! Easy change. Also need a separate field or space for ADDING THE NAME OF THE PACKAGE AND NOT INCLUDE IT WITH THE ACTUAL TRACKING NUMBER. Add this to next update this week! Thanks!
Pulling data from iPhone contact works again
I like the app overall. When I first started using it on my iPhone a few years ago I was impressed with its ability to pull info from my iPhone contact. Some time ago that stopped working, which is sad because it is a great feature if it works. Please fix this! Thanks.
Update: the ability to pull data from iPhone contacts is working again. Bumping rating up.
No iPad Update?
Still no iPad version !
I said this the last time they updated this app...with this latest update it's just as true....
This was true of the last version as well as this new version (it's actually worse now...): Well, it is 2016 and there are things called iPads...I was hopeful that the next update of this app would incorporate usability (like landscape mode, retina support, etc) for iPads but unfortunately the USPS has disappointed again. Come on folks, make this a truly universal app across all Apple devices !
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 30, 2017
- Version: 5.12
- Size: 46.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: United States Postal Service
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.