This free app consolidates the avalanche, weather, road, and slope information you need for critical decision-making, including:
- Daily avalanche advisories for 7 regions around the state from the Utah Avalanche Center
- Daily field observations from a small army of volunteer observers as well as the UAC staff.
- Road conditions including avalanche closures, road travel restrictions, and canyon road webcams
- Critical mountain weather information including current conditions, forecasts, satellite loops, radar, and mountain weather cams
- Emergency contacts and your GPS location for a fast rescue response .
- A slope evaluation tool using your camera, containing your GPS location, steepness, aspect, elevation, time, and date
- Ability to photograph a slope watermarked with GPS location, steepness, aspect, elevation, time, and date and share that photo
- Forms to quickly share observations with the Utah Avalanche Center
- A list of contacts for more information
Faster end-to-end sending of observations
Ratings and Reviews
Nice to have easy to view app for this info, but… If you don’t use the report submittal tool, its not much different from the website, which they could just make responsive, and skip the app. What would make this app shine is if they could restyle the raw weather and snow data (that so many backcountry users end up accessing anyway) into a mobile friendly format.
I don't mind this app but can you add some freaking padding to the text cause it gets cut off and it's really irritating to read.
This is supposed to be an update to optimize use with iPhone 5s and 6. I have had nothing but trouble and there are so many problems it would take too long to list them all here. The camera function does not work, you can't pinch the screen in and out or rotate the phone for wider reading. It locks up in a useless expanded mode....... Enough already. Am I the only one having problems with the optimized version? What am I doing wrong? I reboot and have even deleted and reloaded the app several times hoping to get lucky. The old version always worked fine. Hey guys, if it ain't broke......don't fix it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.