uTalk - Learn Any Language
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Learn (almost!) any language - from any language - on any device.
You'll make friends and have fun with our simple and effective method, perfected over 25 years. Start speaking immediately - we give you the absolute essentials FREE in every language. Subscribe to access to everything across 130+ languages . All content is translated and recorded by native speakers, no robots here!
We'll get you speaking quickly wherever you come from so you’re prepared for real life situations - without the stress of thinking you need to be fluent.
• Flexible – learn as much or as little as you like. We don't force you to spend hours on grammar before teaching you how to order a coffee - learn at your own pace from curated topics that make sense in real life rather than a classroom. Subscribers enjoy the freedom to learn anything in any language; over 7000 individual topics.
• Motivating – enjoying something is the best way to stick at it. So while having fun in uTalk’s games, you’ll be rewarded with coins and achievements to unlock more content. The more you learn, the more you earn.
• Cross-platform – use it on any device and pick up where you finished last time. Everything stays perfectly in sync and works offline – perfect to avoid racking up nasty roaming charges while abroad.
• Fun – with games at different levels to play quickly or spend hours enjoying.
• Authentic – we source native speakers and translators to bring you all the content in uTalk, ensuring you’re learning to speak just like a local.
• Smart – intelligent software knows what you’re good at (and where you need more help), uniquely tailoring the games to your individual level.
• Perfect for Pronunciation – in uTalk, you’re the star. Your voice becomes part of the games you’re playing, helping you train both voice and ear while cementing what you’ve learnt
• Visual – our beautiful pictures link words with images to accelerate how your brain learns, using visual recall to help you remember your new language.
uTalk gives you the confidence to start speaking over 130 languages instantly
Arabic (Modern Standard)
Spanish (Latin American)
Information about uTalk subscriptions
A subscription to uTalk is £7.99 a month, or the equivalent in local currency.
Subscriptions give you access to all of uTalk's content, in every language
Subscriptions last one month, and auto-renew every month unless cancelled
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Subscriptions can be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
What's New in Version 2.04.1
• Fixed an issue that made Hebrew text display back to front. As uTalk doesn't come with a mirror, we thought we should fix this ASAP.
• Fixed an issue that could cause uTalk to freeze after unlocking your device - never a fun thing to happen.
• Sometimes, if you tried to log in as a student, but then changed your mind, uTalk would freeze. This has been fixed - change your mind as often as you like.
• Numerous other small fixes and improvements
If you have any questions, suggestions or have found a bug, get in touch on the details below and we'll be happy to help.
email@example.com | @utalk | +44 (0)207 371 7711
Memory game is too hard
Ok, I’m not bad at learning languages. I’ve tried many and I like most of the games on this bar the memory one. For people that don’t have a great visual memory to phrase memorisation under a seriously harsh time limit it is impossible to fill up the subject and very detrimental to learning.
I’d either recommend keeping the cards to four or allowing more time for the brain to actually remember the placement of the images and to recall the phrases. I’ve tried so many times and I can’t do this stupid mini game.
I’ll happily change my rating if the issue I’m having gets fixed. I can’t do any activity that involves sound. All other apps that I have work fine so I know it’s not my phone, and I checked all of the settings as well. I’m disappointed that I spent $20 for language lessons and I can’t even do half of the activities
Content is unreliable
The Telugu script does not render correctly.
Examining a few of the starter phrases show that many are incorrect or not used it Telugu. Its like they dumped common English words and phrases into Google translate and took whatever it said without consulting a native speaker.
For example, for "yes" they somehow have "baagaanee unmasking", which does not mean "Yes" but rather "I am fine". For "good bye" it has a transliterated "gud nai", which is not what a Telugu speaker would say.
I would not trust this to teach you any language.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 04, 2017
- Version: 2.04.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bemba (Zambia), Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Catalan, Central Kurdish, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Dzongkha, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Galician, Ganda, Georgian, German, Greek, Greenlandic, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kinyarwanda, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tajik, Tamil, Thai, Tibetan, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba, Zulu
- Seller: EuroTalk Ltd
- © 2017 EuroTalk Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- uTalk Monthly Subscription$9.99
- Taster uCoin Pack$1.99
- Pack of 2600 uCoins$64.99
- 200 Coins$8.99
- 800 uCoins$32.99