Learn (almost!) any language - from any language - on any device.
You'll make friends and have fun with our simple and effective method, perfected over 25 years. Start speaking immediately - we give you the absolute essentials FREE in every language. Subscribe to access to everything across 130+ languages . All content is translated and recorded by native speakers, no robots here!
We'll get you speaking quickly wherever you come from so you’re prepared for real life situations - without the stress of thinking you need to be fluent.
• Flexible – learn as much or as little as you like. We don't force you to spend hours on grammar before teaching you how to order a coffee - learn at your own pace from curated topics that make sense in real life rather than a classroom. Subscribers enjoy the freedom to learn anything in any language; over 7000 individual topics.
• Motivating – enjoying something is the best way to stick at it. So while having fun in uTalk’s games, you’ll be rewarded with coins and achievements to unlock more content. The more you learn, the more you earn.
• Cross-platform – use it on any device and pick up where you finished last time. Everything stays perfectly in sync and works offline – perfect to avoid racking up nasty roaming charges while abroad.
• Fun – with games at different levels to play quickly or spend hours enjoying.
• Authentic – we source native speakers and translators to bring you all the content in uTalk, ensuring you’re learning to speak just like a local.
• Smart – intelligent software knows what you’re good at (and where you need more help), uniquely tailoring the games to your individual level.
• Perfect for Pronunciation – in uTalk, you’re the star. Your voice becomes part of the games you’re playing, helping you train both voice and ear while cementing what you’ve learnt
• Visual – our beautiful pictures link words with images to accelerate how your brain learns, using visual recall to help you remember your new language.
uTalk gives you the confidence to start speaking over 130 languages instantly
Arabic (Modern Standard)
Spanish (Latin American)
Information about uTalk subscriptions
A subscription to uTalk is £7.99 a month, or the equivalent in local currency.
Subscriptions give you access to all of uTalk's content, in every language
Subscriptions last one month, and auto-renew every month unless cancelled
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Subscriptions can be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
We've been working hard on this uTalk update and hope you like it!
Some of the highlights:
• Sound effects now muted when your phone is in silent mode
• Try out starter words and the uTalk method FREE with no login needed! Like it? Create a free account to save progress and earn free uCoins to carry on learning
• Brand new languages, FREE for subscribers
• We remember your uTalk password so you don't have to
• Use FaceID or TouchID to autofill your login details
• Greatly improved performance of offline mode, and detecting switches between online and offline mode
• More efficient compression, meaning uTalk content takes up less space on your phone and uses less data to download
• New supported library logins for our friends in Sweden
• Fixed a bug which stopped certain topics showing up, even though you'd already bought them
• Fixed a bug causing a small number of subscribers to be asked for uCoins
email@example.com | @utalk | +44 (0)207 371 7711
Ratings and Reviews
Taught me more Tagalog than Duolingo and was more fun
I love how many languages this has, and the coins, although a little annoying, are actually really cool when you consider that they encourage you to learn several languages at the same time in order to progress faster. I had more fun trying to get a perfect score on the hard memory game than I’ve ever had using any other app. I especially like that it gives you coins for exiting a game after getting it wrong, because that encourages perfectionists like myself to be that way, tricking us into trying harder and harder until we finally get a perfect score, and along the way, learned every word good enough to pull it up almost immediately.
10/10 will play again.
Hi mrpandaa Thank you so much for your feedback - we’re thrilled! We work hard to make language learning fun and effective and comments like yours make it all worthwhile. We also love that you enjoyed the hard memory game; we know it’s tough but as you've found out, once you’ve got full marks in it, you’ll find it hard to ever forget the words! It really gets you thinking in the language. Enjoy speaking Tagalog. Best wishes, Sarah
Don’t buy a subscription
I bought a subscription. The app still requires that I buy uCoins to access the data the subscription was for. They also tell you that you get upgraded customer support if you buy a subscription. I got a link to their general support site on the web with an email form to fill out. Yeah, that’s not upgraded customer service by any stretch of the imagination.
I logged out of the app. I logged back in. I erased my customer information. I logged back in. Nothing. Every time I try to access the content I get directed to buy uCoins. I don’t know if it’s a scam or what, but don’t buy a subscription.
We are so sorry for the problem with your app download which was due to a rare bug in the system - subscribers normally get all topics in all 136 languages absolutely free. As you know, our tech guys have been directly in touch with you to sort the problem, which should also have been fixed by our latest release - rushed out in response to your feedback. FYI, we never scam people and have millions of satisfied customers. Wishing you all the best with your language learning, Sarah
Memory game is too hard
Ok, I’m not bad at learning languages. I’ve tried many and I like most of the games on this bar the memory one. For people that don’t have a great visual memory to phrase memorisation under a seriously harsh time limit it is impossible to fill up the subject and very detrimental to learning.
I’d either recommend keeping the cards to four or allowing more time for the brain to actually remember the placement of the images and to recall the phrases. I’ve tried so many times and I can’t do this stupid mini game.
- EuroTalk Ltd
- 181.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bemba (Zambia), Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Catalan, Central Kurdish, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Dzongkha, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Galician, Ganda, Georgian, German, Greek, Greenlandic, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kinyarwanda, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tajik, Tamil, Thai, Tibetan, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 EuroTalk Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- uTalk Monthly Subscription $9.99
- Taster uCoin Pack $1.99
- 200 Coins $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.