UV US - Weather Forecast, UV index and Alerts
By MetaOptima Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or comments.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
- Updates the UI graphics;
- Fixes a bug causing a crash on some phones.
Now you see it, now you don't
Data keeps disappearing. I was trying to add favorite cities and one minute there would be data for that city, the next it would disappear. Temperature, UV graph, everything. Switching to the EPA app which also shows the UV over time during the day, just not in as slick a look, because this is one area in which performance matters WAY more than appearance.
Best sunburn timer app
Haven't found anything else like it!
Only a few major cities. :(
No cities in my area worked. I deleted the app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 14, 2013
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MetaOptima Technology Inc.
- © MetaOptima (c) 2013 : Maryam Sadeghi, Nima Kaviani, Bardia Mohabbati