Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or comments.
- Updates the UI graphics;
- Fixes a bug causing a crash on some phones.
Ratings and Reviews
I find this a good guide but there is no contact info or FAQ and I want to know if the "time to burn" is total or per side. Have done half dozen times over years as try tones in smart and do per side with no burning. Also 90 something and pure sun today but uv listed as zero from now on out through several days. So luckily looked up on weather channel app just hope as reliable. Finally if UV rate changes while u are in sun with timer an alert wld be very helpful. Otherwise LOVE how can program skin type, SPF using, etc. I so want to give 5 stars with just a few fixes!
Now you see it, now you don't
Data keeps disappearing. I was trying to add favorite cities and one minute there would be data for that city, the next it would disappear. Temperature, UV graph, everything. Switching to the EPA app which also shows the UV over time during the day, just not in as slick a look, because this is one area in which performance matters WAY more than appearance.
App used to be great BUT
I used to use this app every time I laid out so I had an idea of how much sun I would be getting and I absolutely loved it (time to burn feature is awesome!!!) sadly, though, it has stopped working. Now every time I open the app it says the uv index is 0. Perhaps because I moved to a different area? Regardless, I've had to download a different uv app which I don't like as much. Prior to the app not working I would have given it 5 stars.
- MetaOptima Technology Inc.
- 14.9 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MetaOptima (c) 2013 : Maryam Sadeghi, Nima Kaviani, Bardia Mohabbati
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.