UX Recorder - User Testing For Mobile Web Sites
By Foraker Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
++ NOTE: UX Recorder is a recording tool for usability professionals NOT a general purpose screen recording tool. ++
We offer a 30-second free recording to let UX researchers kick the tires, but you cannot make recordings longer than 30 seconds OR export any recordings out of the app without purchasing session credits via In App Purchase.
UX Recorder is designed for usability professionals who are conducting user testing on mobile Web sites.
It uses the built-in hardware on your iOS device to record on-screen activity, video of the user’s face, and audio. You can easily export screen-in-screen video files for viewing in QuickTime (H.264 .MOV format).
++ KEY FEATURES
• Records user interactions with a Web site on the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
• Records both user actions (swipes, taps, scrolling, browser controls) AND video of the user via the device's camera.
• Exports recorded sessions to your computer’s desktop via Dropbox, iTunes, or Camera Roll.
• Easy pause and resume of session recording.
• Allows multiple projects to organize testing sessions.
• Supports bookmarks to save Web site URLs for easy access during testing sessions.
• Supports bookmark sharing with iCloud.
• Purchase session credits via In-App Purchase for easy testing on user's devices.
++ IMPORTANT NOTES:
• UX Recorder cannot be used to record activity in other iOS apps—it acts as a Web browser and can only be used to record Web sites.
• UX Recorder is not a general purpose screen recording tool, it is designed specifically for user experience professionals recording Web site testing sessions.
• Recording user testing sessions via UX Recorder is very resource intensive, and we recommend that you record when plugged into a power source.
• Dual-core devices are recommended for best performance.
We'd love to hear from you and to incorporate your feedback.
Let us know how UX Recorder has worked for you. Email us: email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
This is a bug fix release with quite a few tweaks based on your support submissions and feedback.
Clunky, Naggy, Bad Browser
Clunky UI, with gross colors denoting buttons and other elements (not conforming to iOS 7/8 conventions). Lists that appear to not update when an action is taken, then a slew of Untitled entries appear later.
Naggy dialogs repetitively force the same info on you to the point of annoyance.
Poor quality web browser, lacking many of the modern HTML5 features added in iOS 8's Safari. Browser performance for complex parallaxing content is bad (worse than Safari), and resulting “high quality” videos are choppier still.
I was hoping this app could allow me to record videos of some of my dynamic web design, for later conversion to GIFs for display on Behance. No dice.
Not Exactly Free
It's great, but it's not really free. I tried to upload my video to camera roll, but it won't work unless I paid to videotape it. There's lots of restrictions if you can't pay, and it's very unfair for people who can't afford it, so I suggest finding a new app.
Terrible quality, it lets you make a free 30sec recording then makes you buy credits to save the video to camera roll, not worth it!! Junk app SCAM
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Foraker Design, LLC
- © Foraker Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Single Session$1.99
- Five Session Pack$7.99
- Unlimited Sessions$59.99