UX Write - A free word processor for Microsoft Word and HTML documents
By UX Productivity Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UX Write is a powerful, easy-to-use word processor for the iPad and iPhone, with a focus on long-form, professional writing tasks such as reports, research papers, and books.
UX Write is designed specifically for the mobile form factor. It gives you crystal-clear text adapted to your screen size, optimised for readability - no squinting or horizontal scrolling required. It's been built from the ground up with iPad and iPhone in mind - because you deserve better than a bloated desktop interface squeezed onto your tablet screen.
With UX Write Basic Edition, available free, you can:
• Create and edit HTML and Microsoft Word documents
• Add headings, images, lists, and tables to your documents
• Use the outline view to navigate large documents
• Sync with cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, and WebDAV servers
• Use your bluetooth keyboard, with full support for all standard keyboard shortcuts
• Enjoy an enhanced on-screen keyboard, complete with virtual trackpad for cursor movement and selection, plus extra keys for punctuation and basic formatting
• Rely on enhanced auto-correct to take the headache out of typos
With top-class Microsoft Word compatibility, UX Write is ideal for working on documents on on iPad, iPad Mini, or iPhone, and syncing easily with your PC or Mac.
Upgrade to UX Write Professional edition for the most sophisticated writing environment on mobile yet. You can either purchase outright or subscribe on a monthly basis, and get the following features:
• Fully-customisable styles
• Extensive formatting options
• Outline editing
• Find & replace
• Spell checking
• Word count
• Automatic numbering of headings, figures, and tables
• Table of contents, list of figures, and list of tables
• Footnotes and endnotes
• Printing and PDF export
• Built-in LaTeX typesetting (English documents only in this version)
Read what others have to say...
“[...] features that speak to a brighter future for iOS word processors [...] the potential to become one of the word processors for the Post PC generation.” — Tech Republic
“UX Write is a terrific word processor [...] if you’re dealing with complex documents on the go [...] UX Write is the best solution there is.” — Cult of Mac
“A first class word processor for iPad [...] there are special, innovative tools to really help you write.” — The Mac Observer
“It handles high-end professional authoring tasks such as creating books, reports, research papers, and theses, for a surprisingly economical price.” — Forbes
What's New in Version 2.1.4
Crashes editing a long word docx
I opened a long word doc in docx format from drop box after a few edits the app crashed. The app wanted to send a crash report but I was not allowed to open the text file and see what was being sent. This app is useless to me if I cannot work on my documents without it crashing and I won't send anything automagically to a developer without first reviewing the data being sent. Looking to get a refund now.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 46.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: UX Productivity Pty Ltd
- © 2011-2015 UX Productivity Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 month subscription$0.99
- UX Write Professional Edition$9.99
- 3 month subscription$2.99
- 6 month subscription$5.99