V-Drums Friend Jam
By Roland Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
V-Drums Friend Jam is an app that makes your daily drum performance and practicing even more fun!
Drum practice songs for rock and jazz are available free of charge, and you can use them for enjoyable practice. If you use this app with the latest Roland V-Drums electronic drum system, your performance score and world-wide ranking will be displayed, allowing you to compete and socialize with drummers around the world.
[ Main Functions ]
When you start up the app, songs for practicing and playing the drums in a variety of musical styles will be downloaded automatically. You can play back these songs for enjoyable drum practice.
For even more drum performance enjoyment, using this app with compatible V-Drums will let you use the following functions.
● When you drum along with a song, your drumming will be shown in the screen of your iPhone/iPod touch, and will be scored when you finish playing. Your results will be shown as a world-wide ranking.
● You can operate the app almost entirely from your drum pads, so there's no need to set down your sticks.
● You can load favorite songs from the music library of your iPhone/iPod touch and participate in performance and ranking.
● You can post your performance times and ranking to Twitter for enjoyable communication with V-Drums users around the world.
* In order to use wireless LAN functionality, you'll need a Roland V-Drums series system that supports V-Drums Friend Jam, a dedicated wireless USB adaptor (Roland WNA1100-RL), and a wireless LAN access point (e.g., wireless LAN router) that supports WPS. For more about V-Drums products that support wireless LAN functionality, refer to this URL. http://roland.cm/rwc
* If you’re unable to connect to the wireless LAN access point, try connecting using Ad-Hoc mode.
* In order to post your performance times and ranking to Twitter, you'll need to register your Twitter account in iOS.
* Scoring does not evaluate the accuracy of your performance; it reflects the number of points you earn by performing.
* The compatible V-Drums products are TD-30/TD-15/TD-11 (wireless LAN connection) and TD-25/TD-1KV/TD-1K (USB connection). If you're using other models of V-Drums, you may wish to consider purchasing a compatible product or use the Windows or Mac OS version of V-Drums Friend Jam.
* Songs with DRM (Digital Rights Management) cannot be loaded. Songs that have been upgraded to iTunes Plus can be loaded.
* In order to use a Twitter account, you must register your Twitter account in iOS.
* For details on connecting a V-Drums series system that supports wireless LAN functionality, refer to the Roland website (http://www.roland.com/manuals/) → Product name (e.g., TD-15) → "About the Wireless LAN Function."
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Update to be available for the TD-25/TD-25K/TD-25KV.
* When using this app with the TD-25/TD-25KV/TD-25K, you will need to change the default settings of the TD-25 sound module for use with V-Drums Friend Jam. For further information. Please access http://roland.com/FriendJam/V-Drums/faq/#faqDrums.
Bug fix - in previous versions, when using your Twitter account (except for guest user) you could not add songs to MY MUSIC from your iTunes library.
Background audio and updated songs?
I enjoy jamming with this app, but it could benefit from adding background audio and updated background songs. They sound a bit cheesy and dated. I would also like to be able to return to the main menu to select a different song, rather than being stuck on a particular song until it has been completed. There's also no good way to scrub to a different part of the song quickly or intuitively. Last, but not least, it would be nice to be able to toggle the metronome off and on without having to restart the song from the beginning.
Otherwise, it's a great idea and practice tool for playing with V-Drums.
Good potential, poor quality
I own Roland hardware and software. I can't recommend any software from Roland. The app doesn't work on my phone or iPad . Friends v drum jam on my pc decided to get stuck in endless load screen after playing with a song after I added a Twitter account. Don't even think about purchasing drum tutor. The program won't let maximize the window. So if u have a small monitor your screwed!
TDK-25 no go
Fun app on my laptop. Worthless on iPhone. iPhone 6, Apple Camera Adapter, tested multiple USB cables. The app recognizes everything except the snare and hi-hat cymbal.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Roland Corporation
- © 2012 Roland Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, and iPod touch.