Vaavud Wind Meter
By Vaavud ApS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone into a high-tech meteorological tool with the Vaavud app and the Vaavud wind meter.
No more looking-at-the-trees-and-waves guesswork. Make a precise measurement of the wind no matter where you are and what you are up to.
If you are into sailing, windsurfing, kite surfing, kite boarding, land yachting, balloon flying, paragliding, hunting, kite flying, kayaking, drone flying, hiking, golf, biking, etc., etc. - or if you are just plain curious about the weather around you, then Vaavud is for you!
The app requires the Vaavud wind meter for smartphones, which can be bought on Vaavud.com. The Vaavud wind meter is a patent pending, electronicless cup anemometer, which utilizes the sensors in your phone, and an advanced set of algorithms to measure the exact wind speed.
• Current, average, and maximum wind speed
• Graph with current and average wind speed
• Ability to scroll and zoom on the graph
• Progress indicator to show when you have a valid reading
• Live map of wind measurements
• Measurement history
• Ability to choose unit (m/s, knots, mph, km/h, bft)
• Wind range: 2- 25 m/s
• Resolution: 0.1 m/s
• Accuracy: +/- 4% or +/- 0.25 m/s
Send us a note on email@example.com with any questions or comments you may have. We would love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 1.6.2
Improvement for Sleipnir detection and measurement.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 03, 2015
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vaavud ApS
- © 2014 Vaavud ApS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.