By Paradigma Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
* The Best 100% Free Database Management GUI *
Manage SQLite, mySQL, PostgreSQL and Valentina databases. Why pay for less, or a bunch of individual utilities that only handle one database format?
Valentina Studio brings you powerful, visual editors for your data including:
* Schema Editor (tree view and column view) - create and modify all schema objects of supported databases: Tables, Views, Fields, Enums, Links, Constraints, Triggers, Indexes, Stored Procedures, ...
* Diagram Editor - design new diagrams or do reverse engineering, e.i explore existing databases visually.
* Data Editor - easily browse table records in grid, modify records, inline edit of values, sort, filter records and save favorite filters, preview images, hex editors for binary values, ...
* Related Data Editor - easily learn and manage linked records of two tables, link/unlink records by a mouse click, do set operations over linked records, ...
* SQL Editor - with color syntax, auto-completion, recent an saved favorite queries, templates, console with error/warning reporting, ...
* Query Builder - build SQL queries visually using just a few mouse clicks
* Server Admin - where you can manage users, learn logs and other parameters of servers.
Open as many editors as you like at the same time for different databases/servers opened in tab-panels. You also get different DB related utilities, including: Import/Export, Dumps, Diagnose, Clone, Reindex, ...
MAS version of Valentina Studio uses iCloud to share bookmarks and recent connections between your devices!
*** See also: Valentina Studio Pro (only $199) ***
Get Valentina Studio Pro as an in-app purchase (pay only once) to get several advanced professional features such as:
* Report Editor - visual editor of Valentina Reports that can be saved into Valentina Project file (.vsp). Reports can use as datasource mySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Valentina DB, ODBC.
* Diagram Editor - enables forward engineering - i.e. generation of SQL scripts for new/changed database objects.
* SQLDiff - find differences between two states of a databases and generate SQL script to move between these states.
* Data Transfer - copy records of few/all tables of db1 to corresponded tables of db2.
* Import from xCode model to assist in coverting CoreData into other SQL schemas.
What's New in Version 5.6.2
* ability to save back the SQL file in the SQL Editor;
* an option in the Import Wizard to load CSV file inside a single transaction block;
* support for indexes of hash type in Valentina databases;
* ability to change a type of index in PostgreSQL databases.
* Import Wizard now shows notification about errors during import;
* improved adding a record to the related table in the Data Editor;
* added a preference to show default databases and schemas for PostgreSQL server;
* added a preference to show default databases for MySQL server;
* a dialog shown on connection to database server via SSH without defined password (passphrase) now allows to connect with an empty password (passphrase).
* fixed errors on connection to ODBC sources, which support schemas.
5.6.2 does not support PostgreSQL materialized views, but 5.7 will. Filed an issue (#6972) with the developer and they addressed it in 4 days. Amazing. Any app with developers that pay attention is worth using.
Per my original (negative) review, there’s still some frankly clumsy support for SSH Public Key authentication. But that’s easy to work around, and Valentia Studio may now become my preferred SQL IDE on OS X.
It is free and we know if it is free you can’t ask that much. I think it does the magic. It worked very well and got the job done. I didnt encounter any problem/error so…. 5 starts!
Thank you for your work.
Not User Friendly
I tried to use this app. I found it extremely hard to figure out how to even do the simplest things, it is hard to look at and hard to use. It is fast, and I’m sure it has cool features but it is not at all intuitive on how to use them.