Valiber Sweetness Calculator
Valiber developed a patent pending universal method and system for communicating sensations in general, and sweetness in particular – ‘The Val Sweetness Scale’.
‘The Val Sweetness Scale’ was created to measure sweetness, and indicates the sweeteners concentration through a numeric unit. The point at which sweetness is felt is the sensitivity threshold, and is defined as one Val. Twice the sweetness is two Val and so on.
1 Val (sweetness) = 3.423g (White sugar) in 1liter water (33.8 fl oz).
Using the Sweetness Calculator
In order to know the sweetness of a drink you need to know:
- The volume of the liquid
- The type of sweeteners in the liquid
- The mass of each of the these sweeteners
Step by Step
- Enter the liquid volume (milliliter or fl oz)
- Locate a sweetener in the list and enter its mass (some in grams others in milligrams)
- The sweetness Val of the drink will immediately appear at the top of the screen.
- Add other sweeteners to see how they affect the sweetness
Have a sweet day,
Valiber Development Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.