All Varo deposits are FDIC insured to at least $250,000 through The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
Ditch fees¹ with a Varo Bank Account. Get a Varo Visa® Debit Card you can lock instantly in the app and use everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
- Fee-free withdrawals at more than 55,000 Allpoint® ATMs worldwide
- No foreign transaction fees
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance requirement
- No ACH transfer fee
- No over-the-counter cash withdrawal fee
- No debit card replacement fee
- Free paper check mailing
- Get paid up to 2 days early with Direct Deposit³
- Use Apple Pay™ for quick and easy payments without grabbing your card
Save money automatically and strengthen your savings habit with a Varo Savings Account.
Earn interest you’ll actually notice. Start earning 2.12% APY¹ then, earn up to 2.80% APY¹.
Requirements to Earn 2.80% APY¹:
To earn 2.80% APY¹, maintain a Savings Account balance of $50,000 or less and meet BOTH of the following requirements:
- Receive payroll or government direct deposits totaling at least $1,000 each month into the Varo Bank Account
- Use the Varo Visa® Debit Card to authorize at least 5 purchases each month (excluding ATM or Over-the-Counter Cash Withdrawals and P2P transfers)
To qualify for 2.80% APY¹, you will first need to set up direct deposit, and receive and activate your debit card. Until the qualifying direct deposit(s) are posted and debit card purchase transactions made, you will earn 2.12% APY¹.
But there’s even more to a Varo Savings Account:
- Turn on automatic savings tools to save money without thinking
- No minimum balance requirement, no fees ever
- Funds are FDIC insured to at least $250,000 through The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC
Take the work out of money management.
- Deposit checks with 2 pictures in the app
- Track spending and account activity with instant alerts
- Link your external checking, savings, and credit cards to see all your finances on one screen
- Transfer money to and from your external accounts in a few taps
- See how much leftover money you’re projected to have after paying bills
Breathe easy—your security is our priority.
- We’ll never compromise when it comes to protecting your money and data
- Your money is protected with Visa Zero Liability⁴
- Your data is protected with advanced 256-bit AES level encryption, access control, secure processes, and audits
Need a hand? You can always contact Utah-based Customer Service, 7 days a week.
¹Varo Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of January 29, 2019. This rate is variable and may change. No minimum balance required to open account. Balance in Savings must be at least $0.01 to earn interest.
²Varo charges no fees for banking services. While Varo does not charge fees for ATM withdrawals, some ATM operators will. To avoid ATM fees altogether, use an Allpoint® Network ATM. There are more than 55,000 Allpoint locations worldwide.
³Faster access to funds is based on comparison of traditional banking policies and deposit of paper checks from employers and government agencies versus deposits made electronically. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds is subject to payer’s support of the feature and timing of payer’s funding.
⁴You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
Bank Account Services provided by The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. The Varo Visa Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
New: You’ll love what we’ve done with the place—the app has a fresh new look.
Improved: Forecast is now Dashboard. In Dashboard, you’ll find your personal referral link to share Varo for the chance to earn a bonus, plus important info like monthly spending, monthly forecast, and recommendations.
Fixed: Various bug fixes and other improvements.
Keep sending your feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Loving my account, but one dislike...
I am very happy with 99% of Varo, from account to Customer service, but my one dislike is that when I open the app, I find it so confusing seeing all of my linked accounts, and needing to really double check how much money is actually in my Varo account and not a total amount between all of my banks... I kind of primarily open the Varo app to double check my Varo balance prior to using my Varo card, and certainly can’t make any purchases using the amount available between each of my linked accounts, so I personally feel like that feature should be set further in the background and not the main attraction when you open the app. I absolutely do like having the ability to see everything together at a glance, but I truly hate it being so difficult to zone in on the Varo account, which is the major reason why you would open the app instead of opening the app for your other accounts, no?? It would be nice if maybe you could be able to customize your home screen to focus on what’s most important to each person.... Not a big enough reason to make me dislike the bank account, but just something that irks me about the app itself...
CONVENIENT, BUT STILL NEEDS A TON OF WORK!!!
I just so happened to find Varo in app store & tried it out. After my acct was open & I received my card, I quickly realized just how difficult it is to get money into the darn account other than Direct Deposit! The most frustrating part is that you can link your other bank accts to Varo acct (AWESOME RIGHT??!! WRONG!!!) It's almost IMPOSSIBLE!!! They put you through 10 steps that you have to keep watching or coming back to, but don't wait too long because then you have to start all over!!! VERYYYYYY hard to tell what company to select because they have too many options for each Bank!! EX: Capital One, my credit card acct SHOULD EASILY CONNECT through the "Capital One Credit Cards" option, you'd think that's simple enough to assume it's correct...??!! Right??? NOPE!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! No matter how many times I tried to get it connected, no matter how many different Capital One options I tried to look it through... IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!! I went through TWO days worth of trying LITERALLY, just to get my Bank Of America checking acct linked!!! It's ssooooo frustrating!! They absolutely NEED to make their app/website options EASIER AND PEOPLE FRIENDLY... If they can do that, I'm sure Varo will be around for a long time!!!
PS: and get a better Customer Service department!
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear about your experience linking your bank accounts. We continue to work on improvements to the linking process, making connections easier and more reliable. If you send a message to email@example.com we can certainly help troubleshoot your accounts connections.
Any minute now..
Right out of the gate this is a 5 star app. Beautiful, simple, etc. Everything you want out of a total banking app. All that it does and has to offer is very nice. Definitely a great app to use. UNFORTUNATELY after just hours of use, I realized once I had everything set up, it only refreshes your accounts once a day, or less. Every 36 hours or something. Even the Varo account itself. I transferred money from an existing credible bank account that was linked to my new Varo account. It said it’ll take 2-4 business days to complete. Fine and totally understandable being separate banks. But after 2 days, I’ve gotten my existing account withdrawal showing and a confirmation email from Varo saying I’ve funded my account, BUT when I open the app, it does not immediately refresh any of the accounts from however many hours earlier and my Varo account still shows empty. I’m sure the money will show upon refreshing, but my reason for the average rating and review is that it refreshes all accounts when it wants and does not refresh quick enough or often enough.
After 24 hours, I’m lowering the rating even more. Still haven’t seen my deposit in Varo although I’ve gotten a confirmation email. Having no fees means nothing when you don’t have YOUR MONEY. None of my connected accounts NOR my Varo accounts has been refreshed or updated. I don’t understand this.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Some linked accounts may only refresh once a day, but your Varo Bank Account will always show the real time balance. There are several different ways to transfer money into your Varo Bank Account. If you would like to learn about options to instantly fund your account, please reach out to our service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'd be happy to tell you more!
- Varo Money, Inc.
- 119.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Varo Money, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.