Vector 3 - Audio Recorder and Editor
By Jaroslaw Szpilewski
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Vector.
Vector is the swiss army knife of digital audio. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations*. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Vector is your best bet!
◉ Version 3 - better than ever!
Vector 3 is the next generation of our popular audio editing and recording app for the Mac. We rewrote the app completely from scratch and added many new features for version 3.0. Vector is now a full blown audio editor that offers professional features and yet is still easy to use!
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 384khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
Built-In Audio Effects:
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Also supports 3rd party Audio Unit plugins.
File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
Get Vector 3 now and solve all your audio needs!
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
The long awaited 3.0 update is here with many new features:
- Support for Audio Unit Plugins
- Effect rack to daisy chain multiple audio effects together
- Multi selections and selections of only one channel
- Selections can now be moved and resized
- Custom loop points for looped playback
- Input/Output device selection is now possible from within Vector (through clicking on the speaker icon in the upper right corner)
- Improved rendering performance on Retina displays
- Support for full screen and split screen mode
We hope you will enjoy this update and please don't forget to leave a review!
We fixed a bug which caused lossless audio files to be saved as compressed files under some circumstances.
go-to editor for my current project
Currently working on version 2 of my iOS game, and this editor is the best all-around audio program I've found for all the sound work I'm doing. A few more sound effects would be nice, but the addition of plugins will probably address that. Love the fact that it uses little-endian by default when saving to .caf files. Overall, very pleasant and elegant UI. Great job.
Nice, well done interface, easy to use...
I have been using this utility to record and convert old Reel to Reel tapes I made 30 years or more ago to digital audio files. This utility has performed exceptionally well for me. Granted, there is a small learning curve to get through, but once you learn some of it’s many features, it’s a jewel to use. Yes, you need a fast hard drive, and ample RAM and processor speed to make use of it, but even on a MacBook Pro, it’s performed well. Yes, as the Manual says, if you want to record audio from a online source you will need to install “Sunflower” a free utility. I had no problems obtaining and installing this utility. Yes, there is little information on how to make use of this addition utility, but with a little experimenting one can figure it out. Vector provides and good manual with lots of useful information and a link to the Sunflower utility WEB site. The Sunflower files have been moved, but there is a link to the new site at the old one. The more I use this utility, the more I like it. It’s really a bargain for it modest cost. I have used Vector-3 to record over a hundred sound files, and it has performed very well.
If you are not technically inclined, then this App may not be for you…However, if you are willing to spend some time and learn, it’s a nice tool. The interface design is very easy to pickup and learn. The authors of Vector have spent a lot of time and effort make it easy to use, and with the capabilities it has it’s worth every penny that they are making it available for…Fine utility, Recommended.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 06, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jaroslaw Szpilewski
- © 2012 - 2016 Flux Forge
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor