Vector 2 - Audio Recorder and Editor
By Jaroslaw Szpilewski
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Vector.
Vector is the swiss army knife of digital audio. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats or digitize your old vinyl records. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Vector is your best bet!
◉ Version 2 - better than ever!
Vector 2 is the next generation of our popular audio editing and recording app for the Mac. We rewrote the app completely from scratch and added many new features for version 2.0. Vector is now a full blown audio editor that offers professional features and yet is still easy to use!
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multipile documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantenous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 96khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
Get Vector 2 now and solve all your audio needs!
What's New in Version 2.3
• Batch export (splits one file into multiple smaller ones)
• Automatic silence detection (for batch export)
• Support for IMA-ADPCM compressed wave files
• Mix paste (mixes existing audio with pasted)
• Convert to mono [mixdown] (mixes down stereo documents to mono)
• Metadata support (for ID3 tags, etc)
• New export dialog with metadata support
• Addition darker 'Midnight' color scheme
• German localization
• Many crashes and instabilities were fixed
• Exporting bugs with short (< 1s) files fixed
• Hang on pasting a mono signal into a stereo document fixed
• Import of .taf documents shorter than 10 seconds works again
• Unsupported 8bit option for wave export removed
• Mp3 export will now honor sample rate settings
Bug fixes for Version 2.3:
• Opening mp4 and mov video files is supported again
• Undo will now update the wave view more correctly
• Saving and undoing mono conversions won't discard the right channel anymore
Works Great for even an Audio Novice
I use this to record a series of words and generate word files for an iPhone/iPad application. It works great and even though I do not understand the edit features I have been able to generate word files with close to the same sound level. I see that both a bulk export and leveling feature is listed in the "new features" I have not tested them, but those are the exact features that I need! The only other feature that I would add to my wish list is some way to work on a group of files at one time (a batch process perhaps). It is a product that is good value and is a 5 star product.
Room for improvement
So far the program has worked well and is ideal when I have to create a quick voice-over. It has a full range of effects from compression to EQ and limiting. I titled this review "room for improvement" because I would love to see the app designers build presets into all of the effect options. Coming from Adobe Audition, it can be frustrating to see so many presets built into the effects in that program but not have a starting point to work with the effects in Vector 2. I plan to keep using it, though, and hope to see more functionality built in soon!
Good but ...
the selection process to highlight audio, that basic process is the main drawback. There are a lot of things you can do that mirror Adobe. However the fact you have to deal with the prime (really only) issue every time you use the program, gets frustrating.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 10, 2013
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Jaroslaw Szpilewski
- © 2013 Flux Forge
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor