Vector Star Brawl
By Jorge Arroyo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now supports iCade and Gamedock controllers. Also, play on an external screen using those controllers.
Compatible with iPhone 5 and iOS 6. You can lower the screen resolution if the game runs slow on your device.
Be sure to check the Settings app for all the control and graphical options.
Vector Star Brawl pays tribute to vector games of old. Choose amongst a bunch of unique ships, each with their own special power and characteristics to fight versus a friend or the computer.
The game features realistic 2D physics with gravity that affects every object. Multiple scenarios to fight in are available as well as a challenge mode with infinite levels to hone your skills, alone or with the help of a friend.
Log in to Game Center to compete for high scores and unlock the ten available achievements.
If you liked old space games like Asteroids, Space War or Space Duel, then this game is for you!
- Brawl Mode: Fight against your friends on the same device.
- Challenge Mode: Fight versus waves of Aliens, both alone or with a friend.
- Six different ships with different powers (teleport, laser, missile, shield, invisibility, auto-aiming gun) all which weight and handle different.
- Game Center Support: Leader Boards for Challenge Mode and 10 Achievements.
- Realistic Physics and Ship control.
- Deformable vector objects.
- A great electronic-surf soundtrack (check our site if you want to download it).
What's New in Version 1.3.3
From now on the game will be Ad supported
The big planet in the middle (kills you instantly) is confusing, but I've learned to ignore it and focus on the enemy.
A flawed game with tricky controls (at least at first; a little like Asteroids) but I do like:
I like the vector style.
I like having a choice of ships/abilities (you can tell the difference easily between their play styles).
I like that you don't die instantly from being shot a single time.
(I like that it has multiplayer and video-output, but I have never tried those features.)
The planet-landing mechanism sounds interesting, although I have nowhere near the level of control to attempt it.
I like the iCade support (including the menus). The game controls better with iCade than the onscreen controls.
Very good just that once you are in a brawl you have to win or die to leave
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 15, 2013
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jorge Arroyo Gonzalez
- © 2012 Jorge Arroyo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.