Welcome to Riot.im: a new world of open communication!
Riot.im is a simple and elegant collaboration environment that gathers your different conversations and app integrations into one single app.
Built around group chatrooms, Riot.im lets you share messages, images, videos and files - interact with your tools and access all your different communities under one roof. One single identity and place for all your teams: no need to switch accounts, work and chat with people from different organisations in public or private rooms: from professional projects to school trips, Riot.im will become the center of all your discussions!
• Instantly share messages, images, videos and files of any kind within groups of any size
• See who's reading your messages with read receipts
• Email notifications of missed messages and invites
• Voice and video calling and conferencing
• End-to-end encryption using Olm (https://matrix.org/git/olm)
• Communicate with users anywhere in the Matrix.org ecosystem - not just Riot.im users! Including bridged apps and networks like Slack, IRC and Gitter (more coming soon!)
• Discover and invite users by email address
• Participate in guest-accessible public rooms
• Highly scalable - supports hundreds of rooms and thousands of users
• Fully synchronised message history across multiple devices and browsers
• Finely configurable notification settings, synchronised over all devices
• Infinite searchable chat history
• Interact with bots and integrated third party applications like GitHub, Jira and Jenkins (more to come soon!)
• Permalinks to messages
• Full message search
• Excellent support for all iOS device sizes and orientations
• Riot.im is a Matrix client - built on the Matrix.org open standard and ecosystem, providing interoperability with all other Matrix compatible apps, servers and integrations
• Entirely open sourced under the permissive Apache License - get the code from https://github.com/vector-im/riot-ios. Pull requests welcome!
• Trivially extensible via the open Matrix Client-Server API (http://matrix.org/docs/spec)
• Run your own server! You can use the default matrix.org server or run your own Matrix home server (e.g. http://matrix.org/docs/projects/server/synapse.html)
• Add your own integrations, bridges and bots!
• Screen sharing
• Login as multiple users at the same time
The web version of Riot.im is available at https://riot.im/app/
Riot.im. Break through.
This new version supports the consent of matrix servers terms of service (including GDPR) in the registration flow.
It also contains fixes for the "Empty room" bug, the registration issue on iOS 10, etc.
Ratings and Reviews
Near impossible to click a link sent by someone in chat.
Can't send small files or anything but certain image types.
Navigation is very confusing
Empty room issue
You know what’s really annoying and I can’t do anything about it but I should????
When rooms are empty and I can’t leave them!! They just appear in my messages or room log but I can’t get rid of them. It’s so absolutely unacceptable at this point. Months go by, update after update, but no one seems to be able to fix this issue. I have like 20 empty rooms that take up my screen that when I try to leave, they say the room doesn’t exist therefore I can’t leave them...........
really good on newer phones
can’t use encrypted chats because encryption seems to make my phone overheat and shut down.
for unencrypted chat, i love it. works fast, and notifications are easier on my battery than some apps.
- Vector Creations Limited
- 86.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © New Vector Ltd., 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.