Earth 2049 – a toxic hellhole ruled by robots! Only you, VectorMan, can save the last remaining humans from extermination by the evil dictator Warhead. Now available on mobile, play free and rediscover SEGA’s ground-breaking pre-rendered stunner!
Brawl, blast, morph and bomb your way through 16 lethal levels of mechanized mayhem. Collect devastating power-ups and morph your body into killer weaponry to end the robots’ toxic reign!
- 16 toxic levels of run ‘n’ gun insanity! Combat waves of mechanized monsters in hellish future-world.
- Transform VectorMan into a drill, a bomb, or a mechanized fish to bring the robot tyranny to an end!
- The better you are, the more power-ups you’ll earn to give you the edge over a host of insane enemies.
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- REWIND GAMEPLAY – go back in time to beat some of SEGA's hardest challenges
- HAPTIC SUPPORT: get into the game with responsive button presses
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
"Absolutely great. One of the best releases of the year.”[96%] - CVG (November 1995)
"I guarantee your jaw will drop in amazement."[90%] - SEGA Pro (December 1995)
- The word ‘Orbot’ means a robot who’s body is entirely composed of orbs.
- When someone completed the game, the game cartridge would light up with a special telephone number for people to dial to see if they were the first to complete it!
- When originally released, the first person to complete the game won $25,000 and a role in a SEGA advert for their efforts!
- Although VectorMan got a sequel, a third game was originally planned and would have seen our hero redesigned from top to toe!
- The game was originally released in 1995
- Developed by: SEGA
- Designers: Rich Karpp & Mark Lorenzen
- Composer: Jon Holland
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, VectorMan, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
We cleaned up some bugs!
Ratings and Reviews
Talk about a pure nostalgia trip
I remember watching my dad play this when I was growing up and trying my hand at it also. But when you're 3 trying to play a game that is quite tough like this you probably won't make it too far. I love this game on the phone my only complaint if I can even call it that is that the control pad for movement is a bit too finicky. I try to look up and there I go. Hauling booty across the screen instead of shooting the tv I was looking at. That is the only downside I have and it isn't even a big one. Thank you for releasing such a fantastic game and letting me live my childhood yet again with these classic titles!
I had been waiting for this one. This has been one of my favorites since I got it for Christmas in 95. I don’t know how many times I’ve searched the App Store for “VectorMan,” hoping it would be available. It finally is and the port does not disappoint. I had to resize and reposition the controls, but that is quick and easy and now it is 100% perfect! I play it all the time and it has never crashed on my iPhone 7.
The Best Sega Genesis Game Of All Time!
This Game Has Been SEGA’s Greatest Video Game To Ever Be Release on SEGA FOREVER!!! This Game is Also a Classic Gem And Can Be Highly Recommended To Anyone Who Loves Sega’s Classic 16-Bit Games Of All Time! The Controls Are Responsive, The Graphics Are Outstanding, And The Sequel To This Game is Expected To Be Released By SEGA Very Soon! Until Then... This Game is A Must Play Game That Can Be Found on The App Store!!! 😀👍
- Sega America
- 140 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, VectorMan, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.