By Orawee Wiriyathananon
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** On sale for $14.99 from $19.99 for the launch of VectorPro Color **
VectorPro for Mac automatically traces high quality vector files from images. An excellent companion to the many lower cost illustration programs available in the Mac App Store, this app completes a full-featured design toolbox at a very low cost.
Note: Tested on iMac, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro and Macbook.
- Automatic tracing of images (png, jpg, gif, etc).
- Saves vector files in industry-standard format (svg).
- Saved files can be opened in any vector editing software.
- Options for tracing images with uneven lighting (like many photos)
- Simple, intuitive operation.
- Very fast tracing.
- Adds automatic tracing alongside any vector editing software.
- Gives designers the power of converting any image into a high quality vector.
- Powerful options allow it to trace poorly lighted photos, which means less time is spent capturing images.
- Fast tracing gives a pleasant user experience (no waiting).
- Low cost.
If you're looking to build a full-featured graphic design suite at a reasonable cost, you must add VectorPro for Mac to your list of applications. We're sure you'll love it.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Fixed bug related to the curve slider.
This app is not stellar, nor is it a complete dud. If you are not familiar with vector manipulation, you may be happy. But for anyone with tons of experience on more robust apps like Vector Magic, you'll probably be disappointed. What I found most disappointing about this app, was its poor output on small images. However, if you are willing to spend extra time cleaning up its svg vector output, you should be ok with it. The trick is not to use a small source image in the first place. What I found good about this app, is that it does its job, and is remarkably inexpensive for what it does. Basically, if you know what you are doing, and know how to prepare a raster image prior to vectorizing it, this app will work for you.
If it works, it is great. If not, not enough control
If it happens to work for your particular needs, it is a fine app that does the job. If it doesn't out of the box, the provided controls aren't enough to allow you to adjust it to make it work.
4 stars for that; good value for the money.
Also, the UI quite non-standard. Doesn't feel at all like a proper multi-document application.
I never review apps but for this one i will make a exception
Not what i wanted… No TRACING or center line function. Due to the lack of real tools this is much more like a photo effect…but only vectored… The few sliders you do have are not real time rendering leaving you to make strange faces at your pointer as you try to narrow down the best quality…
Got this for tracing and vectoring for a laser could not trace as anyone would expect to be able to. Waste of money will likely never use it again…
P.S. No help file…
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: May 24, 2011
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Orawee Wiriyathananon
- © 2011 RamenShoppe
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later