Vegetarian How to Cook Everything
By Culinate, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
How to Cook Everything Vegetarian®, the ultimate one-stop vegetarian cookbook—from New York Times columnist and bestselling author Mark Bittman—has more than 2,000 recipes, scores of how-to illustrations, and a nifty set of features designed especially for cooks on the go.
The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian universal app for iPad and iPhone makes delicious meatless and vegan food more accessible than ever. It offers the depth, scope, and portability of the bestselling How to Cook Everything app—and it’s all about vegetarian food.
This app is optimized uniquely for both the iPad and the iPhone, making the most of the size, shape, and capabilities of each. Some features are specific to the iPad only.
In this app you’ll find:
• The contents of Mark Bittman’s award-winning book, including more than 2,000 meatless recipes and recipe variations—from easy stir-fries, pastas, and burgers to do-it-yourself projects like tofu and cheese from scratch.
• No-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
• Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow—from any angle.
• Inspiring photos of weekly featured recipes (iPad only).
• Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
• The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump with ease among recipes (iPad only).
• The ability to convert temperatures and quantities to metric.
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps.
• A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics (iPad only).
• A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes (iPad only).
• Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman (iPad only).
• A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook (iPad only).
• The ability to print recipes and shopping lists and to add recipes to calendars.
• The ability to email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menues, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection. The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide.
The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable and innovative resource and guide.
Praise for the How to Cook Everything Vegetarian cookbook:
“Mark Bittman's category lock on definitive, massive food tomes continues with this well-thought-out ode to the garden and beyond. Combining deep research, tasty information, and delicious easy-to-cook recipes is Mark's forte and everything I want to cook is in here, from chickpea fries to cheese soufflés."
— Mario Batali, chef, author, and entrepreneur
“Recipes that taste this good aren’t supposed to be so healthy. Mark Bittman makes being a vegetarian fun.”
— Dr. Mehmet Oz, Professor of Surgery, New York-Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center and coauthor of You: The Owner’s Manual
Love this app? Check out its companion app: How to Cook Everything.
What's New in Version 1.9.12
This release fixes a few minor issues.
This app is nothing but a confusing cookbook. It's hard to get around in it, it's got symbols that are not explained, and it has very limited menus and featured recipes. I don't get why it's getting rated so high. Does anyone know what fmve is? I haven't figured it out. Does anyone care about the opening where it shows pictures of the author with statements about cooking? Is this really supposed to be helpful? I don't get why this is getting such high ratings. I thought it would give menus and recipes to go with them. I at least thought it would give the book, as it says it does. It might, but good luck getting around in it. If I have better luck later, I'll update this, if I can. Right now, I'm saying I don't like it at all. Just go by an e cookbook. It'd be a lot better.
I hate paying for cooking apps when I can only use a fraction of the recipes because I'm a vegetarian. There is none of that worry with this app. A variety of basic and inventive vegetarian recipes with clear instructions and helpful how-to notes (how to prepare leafy green vegetables; how to beat eggs). The recipes I've tried have been fantastic. This is such a great app: great recipes, great features (like no-dim and built-in timers and shopping list builders). Totally worth the money.
A Must Have.
Anyone wanting to cook vegetarian could consider this book their primer and feel well-informed. I keep this book handy in my kitchen. While the physical book is a must-have, this app is the perfect companion. It makes the text a living document, and the app also offers functionality that makes it both a useful tool while planning your shopping and preparing meals. I also enjoy the recipe spotlights on Mondays.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 1.9.12
- Size: 64.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Culinate, Inc.
- © 2011-2017 Culinate, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.