9/10 in WIRED’s App Guide - Selected as an Honoree in the Webby Awards - Featured in CNN’s 50 Ultimate Travel Apps
ALSO FEATURED BY: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, msnbc, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure…
- 100% OFFLINE – NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED except for sharing and updates.
- TRAVEL GUIDE with attractions, museums, restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres and shops with TRAVELER REVIEWS and RATINGS, pictures, rich travel info, prices and opening hours.
- PERSONALIZED TRIP ITINERARIES - Exclusive technology - The Trip Genius automatically creates personalized trip itineraries according to your travel interests, pace preference, trip dates, accommodation, personalized favorites, location and opening hours of places as well as ratings from other travelers. Use smart order to rearrange your visits and customize your itinerary at any time.
- OFFLINE MAP & DIRECTIONS - The only guide with offline navigation! - Have the guide locate you on the map and provide you with directions to a place by foot. Use all map and direction features 100% offline with no roaming fees!
- AUGMENTED REALITY - View your environment and all the places to visit in real-time, with distance, ratings, prices and opening hours.
- TRIP JOURNAL - NEW FEATURE - Easily create and share a trip journal with your check-ins, pictures, and comments!
- SHARING – Share your check-ins, postcards, pictures, reviews and trip journal by email or Facebook. Items are stored on your device and sent automatically when a free internet connection is available!
- TRIP DASHBOARD - Available at www.mtrip.me, the trip dashboard gathers your trip journals, itineraries, and favorite places from all of your destinations in one place. You can share it with friends and print your itineraries!
- TRANSFER YOUR ITINERARY between devices and back them up online
- OTHER FEATURES – Send pictures and postcards by email or Facebook, easily discover new places, currency converter, subway map, add personal places and more!
To explore mTrip’s other destinations please visit www.mtrip.com
mTrip’s Hong Kong Travel Guide is available in: English, French, and German
MTRIP IN THE NEWS!
LA TIMES - “App maker mTrip's signature Genius will generate an itinerary for you based on your preferences”
NEW YORK TIMES - “Travelers with iPhones should add mTrip to their augmented reality specialty apps list”
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - “These next-gen travel guides can take care of stress-inducing itinerary-planning in Asia, Europe and the U.S."
ASSOCIATED PRESS - “The new iPhone application mTrip is a travel guide and then some: It uses the latest in smart phone technology to make it easier to stay on track in a foreign locale”
IPHONE LIFE - "Don't travel without them”
TECH VIBES - "Actually knowing what I'm doing and where I'm going in a world otherwise new to me... priceless"
For any questions please contact email@example.com. We are happy to answer your questions.
General enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't support hotel entry
Okay, I admit I am reviewing this after having it for five minutes. Our hotel wasn't listed so I clicked on "Add a Place". I entered the name and all the relevant information and clicked "add". It says "ERROR Please enter the name of the place and set its location on the map". I'm sorry but the point of getting a map app is to be able to find addresses. All that information I painstakingly added is going to be lost and I still won't have my hotel in their database since the only choice besides "add" is "cancel". No idea how I am supposed to "set its location on the map".
Also whilst there is a place for email there is no place to list the hotel's web site which seems like an incredible oversight.
And as others have mentioned there are no actual street names on the map. I really can't imagine how this app will be in the least useful.
Not Helpful in Venice
Useless in Venice. Updates have not helped. I am a frequent traveller to Venice and I've had this app since it came out...thinking it might improve over time. But the truth is this app is superficial, overpriced, and frankly seriously overrated.
1. The map of Venice in this application is useless- you can not zoom in or see any street names. This also destroys the entire route-planning aspect of the trip planner.
2. Without the map and the route planner, the suggested sights, though interesting, are really no better or more detailed than any other App. (But this one is more expensive.)
3. No directions to Anything?! This app lists lots of restaurants and bars, but there are no directions on how to get there beyond the bad map. Bummer.
4. OUT DATED (already??!) restaurant and bars listings. I don't know who's actually inputting ratings and
Info into this App, but I discovered more than one bar/restaurant that has been closed for over a year.
5. ZERO practical information. Nothing about public transport or train stations or anything you might need to know to actually get around in Venice.
helpful guide for on the fly travel
my friend and i just used the guide over the long weekend. it was perfect for organizing our trip on the fly. i thought the guide would just be a directory of tourist attractions but it actually helped us organize everything. each day was so well planned out and the mtrip genius was spot on with suggestions. i especially thought it was interesting that i could update the guide with my own suggestions and photos as well as see what other travelers were adding. its great to be able to get another travelers perspective. what was also helpful was the offline direcitons. i generally get lost, even with a map but i found my way around venice a lot easier this way! i am for sure using another mtrip guide on my next big trips.
- mTrip Inc.
- 91.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 mTrip
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.