Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Venmo is the simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends. Whether you’re splitting a dinner bill, concert tickets, or the cost of a road trip, Venmo removes the awkward talks over who owes what.
Just send or request your payment with a message or emoji combo of your choice, then comment on and like all your favorite splitting moments.
“#1 app college students should download right now” – BuzzFeed
A few more quotes that make us blush:
“One of the 50 Best Apps of the Year” – Time
“The crown jewel of all finance apps” – Forbes
“Revolutionized the mobile payment space” – Vanity Fair
"Just Venmo me” has become synonymous with "pay me back" or "I got it." - Business Insider
The Venmo magic:
• Transfer money easily and quickly using a friend's name, @username, phone, or email.
• Find friends automatically by syncing your Facebook or phone contacts.
• Stay in control of what you owe, what friends owe you and what you’ve bought.
• Make purchases in select apps using Venmo, so you can split and share your finds with friends more easily.
• Venmo uses data encryption to protect your financial information. That means we keep your actual card or bank information private by not sharing it when you send money or make purchases.
Venmo is a service of PayPal, Inc., a licensed provider of money transfer services.
All money transmission is provided by PayPal, Inc. pursuant to PayPal, Inc.'s licenses.
Visit https://venmo.com/legal/us-licenses/ for additional information. © 2017 PayPal.
What's New in Version 7.4.0
Take a peek at our menu to find something new! Scan a friend’s Venmo code to quickly find their profile, or share yours with others to get paid.
This update also comes with the usual — bug fixes and performance improvements.
Venmo great for Young Adults
This app is an amazing tool as a young adult to split up many costs among your friends at the click of the button. For me there are only 2 concerns.
1) Security needs to be set up on this app as a default, but is not. You can change this by looking at venmo settings.
2) I don't know how Venmo is making money. My guess is that apple pays Venmo(PayPal) for developing a great app for their device and some businesses pay for their ability to check out using venmo. HOWEVER I would not be surprised if data mining is occurring here as well to look at purchasing trends.... hopefully that data is secure. Why else would they push emojis (like little keywords) for you to note all of your bill charges with??
We can't be friends without it
Venmo is a requirement for friendship. If you don't have Venmo we can't be friends.
The hardest thing about going out with friends was getting paid back. It was so hard to keep track of and sometimes you were never paid. Now we split the bill right there and it's taken care of before the food even arrives. It's also great when one person has to pay the bills and roommates can just Venmo you the money.
There is always a BUT
Venmo is awesome, I just wish I can select a specific user and block them from viewing my other transactions and still being able to send each other money, without having to put my account private or blocking the user completely. Also, it takes one business day to transfer money to bank, there is "cash app" that transfers same day, however, I still choose venmo, it's easy and fun.