Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Venmo is the simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends. Whether you’re splitting a dinner bill, concert tickets, or the cost of a road trip, Venmo removes the awkward talks over who owes what.
Just send or request your payment with a message or emoji combo of your choice, then comment on and like all your favorite splitting moments.
“#1 app college students should download right now” – BuzzFeed
A few more quotes that make us blush:
“One of the 50 Best Apps of the Year” – Time
“The crown jewel of all finance apps” – Forbes
“Revolutionized the mobile payment space” – Vanity Fair
"Just Venmo me” has become synonymous with "pay me back" or "I got it." - Business Insider
The Venmo magic:
• Transfer money easily and quickly using a friend's name, @username, phone, or email.
• Find friends automatically by syncing your Facebook or phone contacts.
• Stay in control of what you owe, what friends owe you and what you’ve bought.
• Make purchases in select apps using Venmo, so you can split and share your finds with friends more easily.
• Venmo uses data encryption to protect your financial information. That means we keep your actual card or bank information private by not sharing it when you send money or make purchases.
Venmo is a service of PayPal, Inc., a licensed provider of money transfer services.
All money transmission is provided by PayPal, Inc. pursuant to PayPal, Inc.'s licenses.
Visit https://venmo.com/legal/us-licenses/ for additional information. © 2017 PayPal.
What's New in Version 7.0.0
• Express yourself even more with mega-sized emojis! When you use 3 emojis or less in a payment note, your emojis will be magnified when they appear in the feed.
• Using our app shouldn't be like taking an eye test. We've made the feed easier to read.
• We've made a massive amount of improvements to our code base under the hood.
Love it but have witnessed bad things...
I really love this app because it makes paying your friends so easy and I feel safe allowing it to have my bank linked. I am usually suspicious with that stuff but after awhile, this app is a lifesaver because it's hard to get the right amount of cash. A few of my friends recently owe me money and two of them tried making venmo accounts to have their information rejected due to suspicious activities and so they're unable to ever make an account. It seemed odd (they forwarded me the email for proof).
Convenient and Safe
I've been using this app for a couple years now and it is so nice to be able to pay friends and family for various things. Its always great to see the sweet relief on waiters/waitresses' faces when they see us only hand them one card to be charged after dinner. I haven't had any issues with this app, and use it on a regular basis. I also love that its easy to use and navigate.
Worst app ever
This is the worst app I've ever used in my life I got money from my friend that I needed use their option to transfer it to my bank five minutes later they say my account is suspended for no particular reason I call and they still have no particular reason. Three weeks has gone by and I still haven't got my money but I ended up having to cancel the transaction and now I have to find a different way to get the money they play games their customer service is horrible don't use Venmo unless you like someone holding your money for no reason