Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Send money for free. Transfer to any bank overnight.
“The crown jewel of all finance apps” – Forbes
“#1 app college students should download right now” – Buzzfeed
“Just Venmo me.” – Business Insider
• Pay your friends for dinner, drinks, rent, and more.
• Easily collect money from people who owe you.
• Checkout with one touch in many of your favorite apps.
Venmo uses bank-grade security systems and data encryption to protect your financial information.
Venmo is a part of PayPal.
What's New in Version 6.16.2
• We did some enlightening and fixed a typo where we spelled lightning as lightening.
• As always, we busted out our app polish and put a shine on a few screens that began to look a bit dull.
Use Square Cash instead, it's much faster.
Venmo is a fantastic idea but what isn't fantastic is the fact that you have to wait 2-3 business days for your money after you initiate a withdrawal to your bank account. Square Cash uses the Point of Sale (POS) purchase refund transaction method to get your money deposited in just minutes. It's 2016 and now more than ever do we need instant, convenient access to our money. Please do yourself and your friends a favor and convert them to Square Cash. Venmo uses outdated technology like PayPal and it's frustrating when you need that money immediately (to pay rent, bills, etc.) Maybe Venmo can start utilizing the method Square Cash uses, because it's totally much faster, efficient, and people are happy.
Makes using your wallet feel wonderful
Love the simplicity and efficiency of this app! It makes dealing with money with other people SO much easier and even more playful / less heavy than chasing down and coordinating with people to get paid back, and making sure you have exactly enough cash at all times.
These things in particular have become easy as pie:
1) exchanges of funds with friends for shared experiences is a piece of cake - "sure! I'll buy seven tix to the ballet for a group cause everyone can get me their portion in 5 minutes!"
2) fundraising for group gifts
3) getting flow passed around among family who is far away!
Also, it's weirdly fun to browse the newsfeed and see all the random things people swap cash for everyday ... love seeing people being a bit more lighthearted and direct about money ... also like trying to decipher which descriptions are jokes and which are real.
It took me too long to find out about this..
This app is not for you, it's designed for your friend that goes out to eat and says "oooohmg, I forgot cash and I don't even know if this card is gonna work."
In a generation of people that never seem to have cash, this is the best way to get paid. You can even send reminders to pay up. Gas money? Check. "Splitting" a bill? Check. Great service for today. Link it up to your bank account so there's no fees of any kind.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 6.16.2
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Delancey Corporation, LLC
- © 2009-2015 Venmo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.