Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Verbally is an easy-to-use, comprehensive Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) app for the iPad. Verbally brings speech to those without and enables real conversation with its simple, intuitive design. Just tap in what you want to say and Verbally speaks for you. Premium Features available with an in-app purchase.
PRAISE AND RECOGNITION
"The beauty of Verbally is that it works right out of the gate. There is no need to learn grids, import photos, or spend hours customizing." - The iMums review May 2012
"The program is a dream for Speech/Language Pathologists. I use it in so many different ways with different ages and different disabilities." - Catherine Marchand, MSc, LCSP, Speech Pathologist
"Verbally is by far the best AAC app that I have seen" - Technology in (Spl) Education, April 2011
"Priceless app! Patients will be able communicate without spending a fortune" - iTunes review, Dr NT, March 2011
WHY CHOOSE VERBALLY?
Unlike other AAC solutions, Verbally's simple design allows users to communicate quickly and effectively, with very little physical effort. So intuitive, you can have a conversation immediately!
• Core Words Grid - contains 50 essential words to save you over 50% of the taps required to input your sentences.
• Core Phrases Grid - offers common phrases to enable faster & easier conversation.
• Text Prediction - learns the words you use and makes self-expression easier. Even import your contacts, to better predict names you use the most.
• Choice of 3 keyboard layouts or use a Bluetooth keyboard -just press Enter to Speak!
• Choice of male or female voice.
• Choice of settings for speaking method. Turn on “Speak Each Word” to have the app speak as soon as each word is completed or when you tap a phrase. Turn it off to speak after you’ve completed your sentence and tap “Speak”. You can also tap “Repeat” to say the last sentence again.
• A handy chime to get someone’s attention.
• Steady Hands feature – if you have limited fine motor abilities this feature makes it easier to type. With this set to “on”, the app will only register when you lift your finger off of the intended letter on the keyboard.
• No Wi-Fi or 3G connection required.
VERBALLY PREMIUM available with in-app upgrade:
• Add your OWN favorite phrases! Create and save all of your most commonly used phrases and organize them in your own way. This will allow even greater speed in your conversations.
• 5 high quality voices (3 English-US voices, 2 English-UK voices) that speak with greater clarity, realism and inflection.
• Conversation history is saved for you to easily scan through and tap what you would like to say again. Delete unwanted phrases from your history to make it even more effective.
• Connect via Email! Easily compose your message using all of Verbally's features and tap a button to send it through your email account.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM VERBALLY?
Verbally is an invaluable communication aid for people with a speech disability due to such things as autism, aphasia, apraxia, ataxia, ALS, stroke, traumatic brain injury, parkinson's, cerebral palsy, down syndrome or muscular dystrophy.
Whatever the need, Verbally is an easy to use, invaluable tool to have a conversation and speak for yourself. Easily. Expressively. Verbally.
Verbally is the first powerful app from Intuary, named to Bloomberg Businessweek.com’s 2011 Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs. Intuary is committed to empowering users through intuitive design.
Verbally acknowledges the contributions of Amy Roman, M.S., CCC-SLP, augmentative alternative communication specialist, and creator of The AlphaCore™ Method © 2006.
For news & more info, Like Verbally on Facebook: http://facebook.com/verballyapp or follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/verballyapp
Love Verbally? Give us a great review in iTunes!
What's New in Version 2.4
• Added 2 new British voices - one male, one female
• Fixed crashes when managing saved favorite phrases
Such a great tool!
It's taken me some time to get to this point with touch screen typing, but it is worth the effort. This app is going to make things so much easier for me as I move along this path of ALS I'm now on. Having the words and phrases available along with the suggested options speeds things along. I love how this opens things up for me and how it gives me hope for what I can do when my ability to speak totally disappears. Thanks and praises for the developer of this marvelous application!
This an excellent tool for my brother after losing his ability to speak with his ALS diagnosis. He has been intellectually challenged throughout his lifetime and this basic tool seems to be easy for him to maneuver. Thank you, inventors! You are a blessing. Maybe you can use your intelligence to find a cure for this debilitating disease. I can always hope! Wonderful aide!
This is a wonderful app! Please consider adding these features in future versions; ability to have Verbally use the iPad's shortcuts for more productive keyboard use (I use shortcuts to expand phrases such as ty for thank you); add the ability to speak text files (Notes, Pages, Word). This would be useful for speeches and presentations
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 27, 2013
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 329 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: INTUARY, INC.
- © 2011 Intuary, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Verbally Premium$99.99