Every Italian verb has 89 forms that a student of Italian has to learn. Verbi is the tool to do just that.
You can use Verbi in different ways:
- Learn the patterns of verb tenses by choosing a tense and then drilling yourself on verbs in that tense. Verbi will select a random verb conjugations and present it to you to drill, then show you the correct verb form - you then repeat the quiz/answer process as many times as you want. In this way, you learn not just specific forms for verbs, but the pattern of verb forms in tenses, so you can apply that pattern to any verb.
- Learn specific verbs. You can select one verb or create a verb list of verbs and have Verbi present you with drills on the verb you selected or verbs from your verbs list. You can create as many verb lists as you need, and have as many verbs on any list as you need.
- You can narrow down your learning by selecting only certain tenses, only certain verb types ('-are' verbs and/or '-ere' verbs and/or '-ire' verbs), certain types (Regular verbs and/or Irregular verbs and/or Reflexive verbs) and certain Person/Numbers ('io' verb forms and/or 'tu' verb forms, etc.). These can be combined in any way to suit your learning needs; for example, you could drill yourself on verbs with an infinitive ending in "are", in the presente tense, only regular forms, and only in the 1st person singular person/number ("io").
Verbi has over 500 verbs fully conjugated. These include all the verbs in Barron's 501 Italian Verbs.
- Test yourself. See your improvement! Verbi has three types of tests: timed, number of verbs, and a combination of both. you can selected how long you want the test or how many verbs you want the test to quiz you on. When the test is done, you'll see your score. You can save the test results, and see a history of all saved tests - clear proof that you're learning!
- Create and save any number of verb lists. This allows you to study a small set of verbs as a unit. When you use a verb list, only the verbs from that list will be used for quizzing.
- See a verb's complete conjugation.
- See a sample conjugation, in English, showing how each tense is used.
Verbi includes a small Help file. If you'd like to see a more complete "How-To" document, go to www.verbtrainers.com and click on the User Manual link in the left column.
You can contact the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Really great app
This is an outstanding app to improve your verb skills in Italien. The update to iphone X also made it look prettier and easier to use in some regards. Good job :)
It's good but one thing
A quality program. It's fairly flexible so you could study, for instance, only regular, -are verbs in present tense. But, there are a lot of verbs and tenses.
My only complaint is that you can not select a group of verbs you are interested in working with. You can choose one single verb or use every one they have. I don't want to waste my time learn a ton of verbs I won't use and I don't want to waste my time constantly going back to the menu to pick a new verb to study. I'd love to be able to pick 30 or 40 useful ones and be able to work on conjugating and on the meaning of the verbs.
Other than that, it is a useful and well-done program.
Great and Useful App
Very useful App. Great because you can use it to practice diferent forms and groups of verbs and add verbs to My List to focus on the verbs you want to really learn.
This App would be the absolute perfect tool for learning Verbs if you could also look at the complete conjugataion of each verb to study before adding it to your verbs to be quizzed on. Not just the conjugation of the specific tense of the verb you have just been asked about.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.