Every Spanish verb has 89 forms that a student of Spanish has to learn. Verbos is the tool to do just that.
You can use Verbos in different ways:
- Learn the patterns of verb tenses by choosing a tense and then drilling yourself on verbs in that tense. Verbos will select random verbs and present them for you to drill, then show you the correct verb form. In this way, you learn not just specific forms for verbs, but the pattern of verbforms in tenses, so you can apply that pattern to any verb.
- Learn specific verbs. You can select one verb or create a verb list of verbs and have Verbos present you with drills on the verb you selected or verbs from your verbs list. You can create as many verb lists as you need, and have as many verbs on any list as you need.
- You can narrow down your learning by selecting only certain tenses, only certain verb types ('-ar' verbs and/or '-er' verbs and/or '-ir' verbs), certain types (Regular verbs and/or Irregular verbs and/or Reflexive verbs) and certain Person/Numbers ('yo' verbforms and/or 'tú' verbforms, etc.). These can be combined in any way to suit your learning needs; for instance, you could drill yourself on verbs with an infinitive ending in "ar", in the presente tense, only regular forms, and only in the 1st person singular person/number ("yo").
Verbos has over 500 verbs fully conjugated. These include all the verbs in Barron's 501 Spanish Verbs.
- Test yourself. See your improvement! Verbos has three types of tests: timed, number of verbs, and a combination of both. you can selected how long you want the test or how many verbs you want the test to quiz you on. When the test is done, you'll see your score. You can save the test results, and see a history of all saved tests - clear proof that you're learning!
- Create and save any number of verb lists. This allows you to study a small set of verbs as a unit. When you use a verb list, only the verbs from that list will be used for quizzing.
- See a verb's complete conjugation.
- See a sample conjugation, in English, showing how each tense is used.
Your Verbtrainer includes a small Help file. If you'd like to see a more complete "How-To" document, go to www.verbtrainers.com and click on the User Manual link in the left column.
You can contact the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple app that works as advertised
I love this app because practicing the conjugation is essential for fluency, yet can be pretty boring. This app allows you to do it when you have downtime (e.g. waiting in a line). You can save verbs that give you more problems in a list for later review. The customer service is excellent as well. I got an immediate response regarding a conjugation question about a particular verb.
Learn your conjugations!
This is the best one of only a couple of apps out there for learning verb conjugations. All the other apps teach you lots of vocabulary, or maybe the verb infinitives, but this one teaches and quizzes you on all the conjugations. And for hundreds and hundreds of verbs. So, while it may not be flashy, or have pictures (how could it?), it does its job relentlessly and well. Unless you speak Spanish fluently, if you want to have a passing chance at going to a Spanish speaking country and getting your thoughts across, you'll need to know your conjugations. It's that simple. Plus the developer is easy to reach and quickly fixes the occasional bug that might pop up. Great app!
A good program; wish it could improve
I like the many options available for selction on verb types, verb forms and conjugation. BUT missing one star that there's no option in choosing multiple verbs or a set of verbs. The list contains verbs from A-Z; the only option to choose the verbs for practice is either ONE or ALL.... can we choose a group of verbs or, say, just the verbs starting with 'A' for example??? It's more reasonable for someone like me to practice 10-20 verbs a day repeatedly and familiarize them and then move on to next. The ONE or ALL option definitely pose learning difficulty!!! A design that ought to be fixed... until then i'll give a 4-star.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.