The Verbum mobile app runs on Logos’ powerful Bible software and is the world’s most advanced resource for mobile Catholic study. The Verbum app surrounds the Bible with the Tradition. Verbum comes with 15 free books, including the Lectionary, six Bible translations, reference works, and saints’ lives resources, and works seamlessly with your other Logos books, such as the Catechism of the Catholic Church. When you sign in with a free Logos account, you get access to many more free resources and features, such as the Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), reading plans, highlights, and note–taking features. The Verbum app syncs across all your platforms, so you can pick up right where you left off. Download the free Verbum app today and bring the Mind of the Church with you wherever you go.
*The Catholic Lectionary, The Roman Catechism, Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), Thomas a Kempis’ The Imitation of Christ, Newman’s An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, Chesterton’s Orthodoxy, and many more.
*Free Bibles: The Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Douay-Rheims, King James Version, Clementine Vulgate, Novum Testamentum Graece (Tischendorf), The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, Lexham English Bible.
* LECTIONARY: Access daily readings with a simple tap.
* CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The app integrates fully with the Logos edition of the Catechism.
* NOTES: Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
* HIGHLIGHTING: Mark the text however you want with fully customizable colors and text options.
* COMMUNITY NOTES: Share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife groups.
* BIBLE WORD STUDY: Learn more about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* PASSAGE GUIDE: Get a detailed, verse-specific report including commentaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* SPLIT SCREEN: Follow threads of meaning through multiple books at the same time.
* SEARCH: Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
* SOCIAL: Share with your Faithlife groups and keep up with what’s going on.
- Occasional crash in Word Lookup
- The context menu is missing some items after an app update
Ratings and Reviews
This app has changed my life!
This app is utterly amazing and has changed my life. I find myself interacting with the scriptures (and other amazing sources too!) like never before. Many of the other resources made available for free are worth their weight in gold too (Denzinger for instance). This app works particularly well with the Apple Pencil which allows you to select passages and highlight with ease. The app also includes comprehensive clipping features to save all your favorite passages (from any source) for easy reference later. There are also robust sharing features including a positively brilliant “visual copy” feature that converts your selected passage into a great graphic for sharing on social media. This app is so well done I am very seriously considering investing in one of their comprehensive resource suites.
Love this app
I bought Verbum to help during graduate studies, and it has been terrific. I can flip through different passages in the Bible that we are discussing, then jump to a paragraph from the documents of Vatican II, and still keep up with the professor and my notes.
I put the app on my phone and have found myself dipping into scripture throughout the day. I look at the daily readings, or go looking for a particular passage that relates to a conversation I’m having. It can do a lot more, and I have used it for more than just a Bible app, but for the most part that’s how I use it. It’s a lot easier to quickly find the information I want than any other Bible app I’ve ever used.
Highly recommend this app for anyone who already uses Verbum.
Disappointed by changes in the app.
I’ve had Verbum for a few years now and have spent quite a bit on resources. Love the desktop and app functionality but a new change is that when you go to airplane mode none of the books in my library open up. Even my chosen bible RSV-2ce doesn’t work in airplane mode. For a bible study app where I have spent so much money I should be able to read when offline. And yes I did check to see by clicking the information icon to see that it was downloaded. This must be some licensing issue which is disappointing.
- Faithlife Corporation
- 210.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- 101 Questions and Answers $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.