Verituner is an advanced piano tuning app for use by professional piano technicians. This new app brings our leading Verituner product line to the best ever platform in its 15 year history.
Piano technicians have said that Verituner technology has given them better sounding tunings than they ever thought possible with the fewest steps. Our patented multi-partial technology calculates your tuning to perfectly match each piano’s unique scaling. Automatic hands-off operation keeps you tuning quickly and eliminates tedious pre-tuning measurement steps.
• Aural Quality Tunings – create well-balanced tunings with the only tuning technology that tunes all the partials on all the notes.
• Quick and Accurate Pitch Raises – get close quickly with overpull targets individually calculated from the starting pitch of each note.
• Historical Temperaments – get access to over 90 of the best known historical temperaments, or easily key in your own custom temperaments.
• Adjustable Stretch – precisely control octave widths with the built-in Styles, or create your own Custom Style to exactly match your aural tuning preferences.
• Alternate Standard Pitch – tune to alternate pitches in a wide range of A=392 to A=466.
• AutoNote – jump to any note and octave as you tune with automatic hands free tuning.
• Saved Tunings - instantly recall prior tunings so you can tune quickly and consistently on frequently tuned pianos.
HOW DOES VERITUNER WORK?
Verituner measures the inharmonicity of every note while you are tuning, accumulating a detailed picture of the scaling of the entire piano. Then it calculates tuning targets for all the partials of all 88 notes to produce a well-balanced tuning custom fit to the piano. By tuning all the partials, the best possible compromise can be reached for every tuning interval, and the need for aural adjustments is substantially reduced. All of this is done completely automatically while you tune – without any extra steps required.
CAN I TUNE MY OWN PIANO?
The answer is yes! BUT… Piano tuning involved advanced skills and experience. A beginner will be challenged with correctly interpreting the moving tuning displays, and performing very fine tuning pin movements that a professional takes years to perfect. If you are an amateur, please contact us to understand what to expect before purchasing this app.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions about the Verituner app or need any assistance whatsoever, please visit our website www.veritune.com and contact us by email or telephone. We are always happy to help!
- fixed folder sorting
- fixed 12th interval widths in Custom Styles
- better compatibility with iOS updates
- new 19th and other intervals in Custom Styles
- new Page Universal Custom Style
- fixes to Style editor
Ratings and Reviews
Best Piano Tuning App Available
Highly recommended for any piano service professional. Extremely accurate and easy to use. Essential for pitch raising. Anxiously waiting for update to iPhone X version.
This software outshines the competition in that it identifies the correct note quite fast. Other products do not do this very well. It is usually necessary to select the correct note on the device first but Verituner identifies just about any pitch correctly. I own another product which I also think is great but I wont name it here. I like having both. I just tuned my own piano using Verituner, and compared the tuning to a previous aural tuning stored on another device, and the result was remarkably close. I really like the interface, and the software includes many different temperaments and tuning styles.
If you are not a professional technician, but would like to learn to tune your own piano because you find it fascinating, I suggest contacting a local technician affiliated with the PTG, and hiring the person for a few lessons. Simply getting software like this is not going be sufficient, and you may need to hire a technician anyway.
This is a great app!
As an early adopter of the original Verituner VT-100 tuning device in 2001, I can whole-heartedly recommend this app for the professional and aspiring piano technician. It boots up instantly, no more waiting for the software to load. It takes a little getting used to using the touchscreen instead of punching buttons, but once you get use to it, it is very intuitive to use. I was a little worried at first about not being able to transfer my old tuning files to my iPhone, but I have found that even a brand new tuning sounds as good or maybe even better than a tuning with my VT-100. The bright color screen is easier on the eyes; I can tune 4-5 pianos without a recharge; it weighs ounces instead of pounds; and the app cost a lot less than my VT-100. If you own an iPhone and are a piano technician, do yourself a favor, cough up the bucks and make the investment in yourself and in your business.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.