By Veritune, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Verituner is an advanced piano tuning app for use by professional piano technicians. This new app brings our leading Verituner product line to the best ever platform in its 12 year history.
Piano technicians have said that Verituner technology has given them better sounding tunings than they ever thought possible with the fewest steps. Our patented multi-partial technology calculates your tuning to perfectly match each piano’s unique scaling. Automatic hands-off operation keeps you tuning quickly and eliminates tedious pre-tuning measurement steps.
• Aural Quality Tunings – create well-balanced tunings with the only tuning technology that tunes all the partials on all the notes.
• Quick and Accurate Pitch Raises – get close quickly with overpull targets individually calculated from the starting pitch of each note.
• Historical Temperaments – get access to over 90 of the best known historical temperaments, or easily key in your own custom temperaments.
• Adjustable Stretch – precisely control octave widths with the built-in Styles, or create your own Custom Style to exactly match your aural tuning preferences.
• Alternate Standard Pitch – tune to alternate pitches in a wide range of A=392 to A=466.
• AutoNote – jump to any note and octave as you tune with automatic hands free tuning.
• Saved Tunings - instantly recall prior tunings so you can tune quickly and consistently on frequently tuned pianos.
HOW DOES VERITUNER WORK?
Verituner measures the inharmonicity of every note while you are tuning, accumulating a detailed picture of the scaling of the entire piano. Then it calculates tuning targets for all the partials of all 88 notes to produce a well-balanced tuning custom fit to the piano. By tuning all the partials, the best possible compromise can be reached for every tuning interval, and the need for aural adjustments is substantially reduced. All of this is done completely automatically while you tune – without any extra steps required.
CAN I TUNE MY OWN PIANO?
The answer is yes! BUT… Piano tuning involved advanced skills and experience. A beginner will be challenged with correctly interpreting the moving tuning displays, and performing very fine tuning pin movements that a professional takes years to perfect. If you are an amateur, please contact us to understand what to expect before purchasing this app.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions about the Verituner app or need any assistance whatsoever, please visit our website www.veritune.com and contact us by email or telephone. We are always happy to help!
What's New in Version 4.4.11
- Improvements for iOS 7
- PTG Exam Scoring function
- Support for non-US characters in filenames
- Updates to built-in temperaments
- Various fixes and improvements
I read a book on piano tuning and after a few years practice was able to do a passable job on my own piano, but using Verituner I can make it sound great! It really does what is says it will do. I will still have my piano professionally tuned every year (at my skill level it is still too much work), but this will allow me to keep it sounding great year-round.
Wow, wonderful. I've been a big box user for several years, this is even easier to see and it seems to be more responsive