By Verizon Wireless
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GREAT NEWS: 25 GB STORAGE IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR MORE EVERYTHING PLAN
Your iPhone puts your digital life in your pocket… until the day that it slips out of your pocket! Verizon Cloud is a free service that backs up your contacts, photos and videos to secure cloud storage, so you don't need to lose your important content if you lose your phone.
Here are some of the things Verizon Cloud can do for you:
• Keep your phone's content safe and secure in your own private cloud storage
• Restore content backed up from your previous phone to your new iPhone from tools menu.
• Access your content when you need it, even on the go, on any compatible device, your computer or the web
• Sync photos and videos from Verizon Cloud to your device, and then share that synched content with your friends and family
• Stream music and access documents stored in Verizon Cloud on your phone
• Backup content from your computer's hard drive to your Verizon Cloud using the downloadable computer app. You can then access that content on your mobile devices.
If you are an existing user of Backup Assistant or Backup Assistant Plus, all your content will automatically transfer over to Verizon Cloud.
What's New in Version 14.3.50
1. Verizon cloud now supports Verizon Residential and SMB customers. Enjoy the awesome features of the Verizon cloud app.
2. Share select media content using your favorite native apps
3. Miscellaneous bug fixes and minor enhancements
My iPhone died. I had been backing up to the system that was on my phone. I was not able to transfer anything from the old phone so the Verizon store tried to restore from iCloud. It did not work. I was told to go home and connect my new phone to my computer and restore from iTunes. Did not work. I noticed on the Internet that Verizon had a back up system named Verizon Cloud. That is where my backup was. I loaded Verizon Cloud and tried to restore the contacts and photos. Every time I tried to connect I received an error message that there was a problem connecting, try again later. Finally had to call Verizon for help. A guy named Amberto in Phoenix was able to help me reload the program and restore my contacts. Could not retrieve my pictures. Thank God I got my contacts back. Now I am considering using a different back up system.
Ok first of all I do love the fact verizon has this app we do pay enough for there service we do need extras. The only problem I have with the backup service is it does not backup in order in which you took the photo it downloads all jumbled it kinda weird considering all the photos are in order to start. If I'm doing something wrong I wish someone would tell me. That is why they only get a 4 and not a 5 .... I really should give a 3 for the simple reason I keep having to go back and search for a photo while it in no order 😠
Okay but needs some work
I agree that the cloud storage is an added bonus as much as we pay for Verizon service. For me, it was a little rocky to get it started but after some trying I got it up and going. It didn't initially back up all of the photos that are on my phone and I thought maybe if I did a second backup it would go back and capture them, but it did not. I sometimes run into sporadic performance issues but the biggest change I would like to see is automatic backup. In this day and age, who wants to have to go in and back up data (even with a reminder).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 17, 2015
- Version: 14.3.50
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verizon Wireless
- © Verizon Wireless
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.