By Verizon Wireless
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Personalize Your Conversations - Customize the background with your photos, built in themes, fonts, colors, signatures and even conversation tones.
- Wi-Fi Extended coverage – Send and receive messages over Extended Wi-Fi from your smartphone, iOS device, tablet, PC, Mac and web browser.
- Glympse™ your location – Glympse™ lets people You choose follow your location on a map. Perfect for finding each other in big places like concerts, amusement parks and shopping centers, meeting up, or letting people know you’re running late.
- Photo Editor and Collage Creator – Personalize and transform your photos and collages into beautiful or funny pictures using filters, wacky stickers and much more
- Web Image Search – Easily search images on the web to send
- Smart Emoji – Express yourself through colorful Emoji’s by tapping on keywords when composing messages.
- Sent and Received Media - Easily find sent and received photos, videos, gift cards, links and attachments from all your conversations or specific conversations
- eGifting – Sending a gift is easier than ever – simply text to send a Starbucks eGift Card to say “Thanks”, “Happy Birthday” or “Let’s meet at Starbucks”.
- The #1 used messaging application by NBA & NFL fans during the Game*
*Verizon Messages is the #1 Used Application by NBA & NFL fans during the Games (based on average screen time per user in minutes)
“Best of Show” at CTIA 2013 in Emerging Technology category
What's New in Version 1.5.5
This app needs improvement!
The reason I got this app was so I wouldn't miss my texts whenever I didn't have my phone near by. It was awesome because sometimes while @ home I would receive my texts quicker than my phone and I didn't have to rely on some 3rd party app that required a separate phone number. But now it seems after updates this app for the iPad is no longer functioning properly. Sometimes when I open the app only half of the messages would appear or the send key would be missing and the only way I could get it to reappear is to completely close out the app and start all over again or while typing I accidentally turn my iPad in landscape mode my message that I had just typed out would disappear.
Initially this little apps was working perfectly. However, after the latest update, I'm noticing some deficiency, nothing outrages, just plain annoying. Examples, have to refresh page to get new messages, and after reading messages badge will not clear. For the most part reliable, and functions as describe. Edit: This little app is very versatile, robust, and works as describe by developers. All my previous gripes have been address, and resolved. So, why only four stars? We need the ability to block text. Why? If you block a contact from phone, it will still show lin app. Also, needs a native password lock. Overall a reliable, good app.
I do not have a smartphone. I have a flip phone because I have no real use for a smartphone, and with my vision, a smartphone is just too small to be useful. I like my flip phone. I call it my stupidphone.
But composing texts on the flip phone is horrendously difficult. Enter the Verizon Messages app: Now, incoming texts appear on both my phone and my tablet, and I can send texts from the tablet, which appear to have come from my phone.
The Verizon Messages app is a solid five stars. No drawbacks at all. Thanks, Verizon.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 51.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verizon Wireless
- © Verizon Wireless
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.