By Verizon Wireless
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected using Verizon Messages on your Smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Verizon Messages syncs messages across your smartphone, tablet and computer. Switch devices whenever you want. Make calls with your tablet anywhere. And keep the conversation going with personalized texts, photos, videos and gift cards worth up to $100 at stores like Starbucks, Amazon, and more.
*NEW – Now you can make and receive calls using your iPad (and other iOS devices)
*NEW – eGifting has been expanded to include eGift cards from more than 30 brands
*NEW – Scheduled messages are queued and delivered at the date and time specified, even if your phone is turned off.
*NEW – Media search allows you to search the web for images and videos to include in your conversations.
- Glympse™ your location – Glympse™ lets people you choose follow your location on a map. Perfect for finding each other in big places like concerts, amusement parks and shopping centers, meeting up, or letting people know you’re running late.
- Photo Editor and Collage Creator – Personalize and transform your photos and collages into beautiful or funny pictures using filters, wacky stickers and much more
- Smart Emoji – Express yourself through colorful Emoji’s by tapping on keywords when composing messages.
- Sent and Received Media - Easily find sent and received photos, videos, gift cards, links and attachments from all your conversations or specific conversations
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
Bug Fixes & stability improvements
Broken calling functionality check reintroduced in this release.
A year or more ago I worked with an agent to fix an issue where the iPad app would always error on start up with a message that calling could not be enabled at this time. The issue was because I don't have a smartphone registered on my account but I use the app on my cellular iPad to get messages.
Well, the latest update reintroduced that bug. It doesn't appear they tracked it through updates so I may have to waste a lot of time working with another agent to get it fixed. Last time it took many attempts to find the right agent willing to deep dive investigate the issue. I dread starting this process again.
Great app. Works really well, except When your LCD light goes out unexpectedly And you have not linked your account yet. There is absolutely no way to access messages from another device because it requires a text message on your broken phone to allow access on another device..
Only syncs some texts
This app doesn't sync all of your text conversation. Sometimes it quits receiving altogether for some senders (0%); partially for other senders; and only part of the ones you have sent from another device. Makes no sense to me why the developers released it with the core functionality no working. To top it off none of the app upgrades have attempted to fix it for over a year. Better to have added color options and themes I guess.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 18, 2016
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 83.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verizon Wireless
- © Verizon Wireless
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.