Vernier Graphical Analysis
By Vernier Software & Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Students use Graphical Analysis to wirelessly collect, analyze, and share sensor data in science and math classrooms. Graphical Analysis facilitates student understanding with real time graphs of experimental data. Students enhance their work and lab reports with easy annotations, statistics, and curve fits.
Connect to Go Wireless sensors or NODE directly. Using LabQuest 2 or a computer running Logger Pro as a Data Sharing source, connect each member of a lab group while collecting data from any of over 70 compatible Vernier sensors.
Students can collect data from built-in accelerometers or manually enter data into a table, then use Graphical Analysis to analyze and share the data.
Export data and graphs to create a lab report or send their finished work to the teacher. Export graphs to the Camera Roll, Mail, note-taking apps, or print via AirPrint. A CSV file of the data can be exported to third-party apps or to other users via Mail, Messages, or AirDrop.
• Enter data in a table with row-by-row entry and multiple columns.
• Display 1, 2, or 3 graphs.
• Auto-save experiment data, graphs, annotations, statistics and curve fits.
• Draw predictions on a graph.
• Pinch and stretch to scale the graph.
• Tap or drag to make selections on the graph.
• Perform curve fits, including linear, quadratic, natural exponent, and more.
• Create text annotations.
• Export graphs and data.
• Import CSV data files.
• Import from Vernier data-collection software: Logger Pro 3 (cmbl), Graphical Analysis PC/Mac (ga3), Logger Lite (gmbl) and LabQuest (qmbl).
• Start with sample data and experiments or analyze patterns in the periodic table of the elements.
Additional features (Hardware required):
• Collect and analyze sensor data with Go Wireless Temp, Go Wireless pH, and Go Wireless Heart Rate
• Collect from over 35 Vernier sensors with Go Wireless Link.
• Collect and analyze motion data with NODE sensor platform.
• Collect and analyze data for temperature, light, humidity, barometric pressure and CO2 concentration with supported NODE modules.
Lab group data-collection features (when used with LabQuest 2 or Logger Pro):
• Connect multiple students to a single source via wireless Data Sharing.
• Collect data from multiple sensors simultaneously.
• Remote start/stop of data collection.
• Over 70 compatible sensors.
• Display sensor data as graphs or in a table.
For more information on the Connected Science System, visit:
Vernier Software & Technology has over 30 years of experience in providing effective learning resources for understanding experimental data in science and math classrooms. Graphical Analysis is a part of Vernier’s extensive system of sensors, interfaces, and data-collection software for science education.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
Various bug fixes and improvements.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD FOR SELF DEFENSE
I downloaded this app because I keep getting beat up by the hoodlems over on hanley street and let me tell you it does not do jack!!!! I was confronted by them yesterday while walking home from school. Before they could land a punch on me, I whipper it my Vernier Graphical Analysis app, only to be laughed at and beaten up once again. They planted weed on me and told me to "get lost." Luckily, I went to the people life station and explained that the weed was not mine and they took me home safe. This app is good for analyzing graphs but that's about it.
Please let us choose sampling rate!
Looking at this app more for data collection and it works great. However, please let users choose sampling rate -up to 100hz - for more powerful post-hoc processing. Right now I have to assume 20hz even though it's between 15hz and 23hz.
This app not only was very disappointing, but also extremely unorganized. I expected a clean, easy to use, design. Instead, I got something so repulsing and terrible that I quite literally had to take a jog so I wouldn't hurt anybody. 0/10 would recommend. 10/10 would NOT recommend.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 14, 2015
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Vernier Software & Technology
- © 2012-2015 Vernier Software & Technology, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.