Graphical Analysis™ GW is a tool for science students to collect, graph, and analyze data from Vernier Go Wireless® sensors.
Sensor data-collection support:
• Vernier Go Wireless® Temp and Go Wireless pH sensors
• Vernier Go Wireless Heart Rate and Go Wireless Exercise Heart Rate monitors
• Vernier LabQuest® sensors used with Go Wireless Link or LabQuest Stream interfaces
• Basic support for some Vernier Go Direct® Sensors
• NODE (by Variable Inc.) sensor support
Additional experiment options:
• Data Sharing via Wi-Fi connection to LabQuest 2 or Logger Pro® 3
• Built-in Sensors (accelerometers)
• Manual Entry
Note: Sensor data collection and Data Sharing require the purchase of hardware from Vernier Software & Technology. Built-in sensor and manual entry of data can be performed without a hardware purchase. For more information on Data Sharing, visit http://www.vernier.com/css
Key Features - Data Collection
• Multi-sensor data-collection support
• Time Based, Event Based, and Drop Counting data-collection modes
• Configurable data-collection rate and duration for time-based data collection
• Sensor calibrations
• Option to zero and reverse sensor readings
• Graph match feature for use with motion detectors
• Manual entry of data from keyboard and clipboard
Key Features - Data Analysis
• Display one, two, or three graphs simultaneously
• View data in a table or show a graph and table side-by-side
• Draw Predictions on a graph to uncover misconceptions
• Examine, interpolate/extrapolate, and select data
• Apply Statistics calculations to find mean, min, max, and standard deviation
• Perform curve fits, including linear, quadratic, natural exponent, and more
• Add calculated columns based on existing data to linearize data or investigate related concepts
• Pinch to scale graphs
Key Features - Collaboration and Sharing
• Add graph titles
• Export graphs and data for printing and inclusion in lab reports
• Export data in .CSV format for analysis of data in spreadsheet software such as Excel®, Google Sheets™, and Numbers®
Vernier Software & Technology has over 35 years of experience in providing effective learning resources for understanding experimental data in science and math classrooms. Graphical Analysis GW is a part of the extensive system of sensors, interfaces, and data-collection software from Vernier for science and STEM education.
Fixes a bug which caused certain internationalized versions to crash.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well, but is missing some essentials.
My classes have been using this app to do labs on their Ipads with our LabQuests. However, some of the features seem clunky when creating graphs by manually inputting data. In addition and most importantly there needs to be an integral function as I teach physics. There are a lot of times where this is essential. It can be done on the LabQuest but does not transfer to this app. It doesnt make sense to not have this function. It would be great to see this added and would make this a 5-star app.
It works well!
I used my IPhone 6s to download and install the software. The Bluetooth connection needed to via software, not phone Bluetooth connection. After did some modifications on x & y axis through graph options at lower left corner of software. It works well!! Very convenient for my gas law experiment.
Pretty Useless If You Don’t Know The App
The user interface is a maze to understand. There’s tons of stuff that isn’t explained and you’re bound to get frustrated trying to do something that you’d think is simple. I’m obligated to use this app for my Physics class so I’m sure that this app will do a great job at messing up my grade.
- Vernier Software & Technology
- 19.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Vernier Software & Technology, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.